Mirror Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

osroubek

Just turned on my H6D 50c this morning and after taking one shot, I get the error Mirror problem 31.1. Tried taking off the battery, back, lens, viewfinder and to no avail.
Cannot remember how to do a reset, but not sure it will help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cerett

I feel your pain, but have no answers. You did exactly what I would have done. Once you do get an answer, if not on this thread, I would really appreciate your posting a follow-up. Thank you.

cerett

I just noticed that on the Hasselblad website, under Support, there is an item labeled "Corrective Procedures." Under this, there is information on returning the camera/back to default settings. Not sure, but you might try this.

osroubek

Thanks, tried that but of no help. There is also the Auto focus error that pops up, error 82.1

martinnz

I just had a mirror problem. Not sure of the error number now, but also the AF stopped working. Reason was the helper mirror under the main mirror fell off. Worth just checking its where it should be.

osroubek

Thank you. Both the main mirror and the smaller helper mirror are in the up position. I can gently swing them down but when I release they both spring back into position

osroubek

FYI. I sent the camera to service in NJ. It was received today. Will keep all posted!!

osroubek

Update. The bottom board on the camera is burnt. Going to Sweden for repair. How common is this occurrence? The camera was never exposed to water or impact. It sat in a camera bag in my home for a couple of weeks then failed after one shot!

cerett

WOW! Thanks for the follow-up. I have no idea how this happened, but hope it is a rare occurrence. Is your dealer going to provide you with a loaner?

osroubek

TimH

Osroubek:  Sorry for your trouble.  Makes me  cringe.  How long have you had the camera? 
You sent it in May 6...please let us know when you hear back and when you receive the camera back. 
tim

osroubek

Thank you for your comments. I took delivery last July. I am not a heavy user of the camera. It has about 3100 exposures so far so I am concerned for sure. I asked tech support at Hasselblad if there will be an explanation that comes with repair but they said typically no. I'm told this is covered under warranty assuming they don't claim water or impact damage. I will try to provide a detailed summary of the  repair once it returns from Sweden.

osroubek

Update: I'm told by Hasselblad in New Jersey that my H6D has been sent back from Sweden repaired and should arrive in the US next week. They have no idea what repairs have been done and they state that they are not usually given an explanation as to what went wrong to warrant the repair. They only receive information regarding what parts were replaced. I will post whatever information they provide me with regards to replaced parts since they do not expect to know themselves what went wrong. Hopefully someone on this forum can help.

osroubek

Latest Update:

The camera is being shipped back to me from NJ today. I was told that it was not something that I could have prevented and not something I did wrong.  Two boards were replaced and then the mirror drive unit and front contacts.  Not sure if anyone else has had something similar but any thoughts would be appreciated.