Mirror up

Previous topic - Next topic

DJPixelMan

Something very strange has happened since loading Firmware 1.16.0. My Mirror Up no longer works properly. I have assigned Mirror Up to my AE-L button, and have been using it for months with no problem. Since this new update, the Mirror raises, but once the shutter is pressed, either on the camera, or via Phocus, the mirror returns to the down position.  I have changed the battery, changed the lens to a different one, reassigned the Mirror Up button to Mirror Up, but same thing, the mirror returns down again.  Anyone else seen this?

Doh!! Fixed it. The Mirror was set to Return in the Exposure menu. Odd really, because I hadn't set it back. Anyway..fixed now.

NickT

Tip of the day, double tapping the mirror up button will raise the mirror and engage self timer. :)
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

DJPixelMan

OK..thanks Nick..I didn't know that. Will that also work if I have assigned the Mirror Up to a different button, as in my case, AE-L?

NickT

I think so! Never tried it though.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

DJPixelMan

It does indeed set up the mirror and do a timer interval when M-Up allocated to a different button. Just tested it. However, after the exposure, the mirror returns down again. A useful feature nontheless!