mirror up location

Previous topic - Next topic

shicks5319

I am brand new to the H system so I hope I haven't missed this in the documentation or here elsewhere on this forum.   

My hands are large and so I find hitting the mirror up button on my H5D 50c awkward; particularly when there is a release cord plugged into the camera just below the mirror button.  Have people found a way to program the mirror up command or assign it to another button?

Thanks.

Hassilistic

Yes, you can change the main Profiles, it is a lot easier if you'll just hook up your Camera to the PC, and go to Camera Profiles, create a Custom Profile and while at it, re-allocate the botton elsewhere, and customise the rest to your liking.

shicks5319

Hassilistic,

Thank you.   I have not looked at profiles as yet... I very much appreciated it. 

SrMi

Quote from: shicks5319 on April 16, 2017, 02:00:49 AM
I am brand new to the H system so I hope I haven't missed this in the documentation or here elsewhere on this forum.   

My hands are large and so I find hitting the mirror up button on my H5D 50c awkward; particularly when there is a release cord plugged into the camera just below the mirror button.  Have people found a way to program the mirror up command or assign it to another button?

Thanks.

I do not have my H5D with me now, but I looked it up in the user manual (which is quite well written, IMHO). Various settings are described starting on page 72.

In Settings menu select Custom Options. In Custom Options scroll until you find the button you want to reassign. I assigned MUP functionality to "AE-L button" and AF Drive to "True Focus button" (back button focus functionality).

shicks5319

SrMi,

Thank you.  I tried this and it worked nicely.