Hasselblad HC 50-110mm // Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Lu

Greetings everyone (my first post on this forum btw), and sadly it's about a problem that I need help with.

I own a Hasselblad 50-110 with an unusual problem that comes with shutter speed.
Everything is fine all the way up to 1/200, but if I increase the speed above 1/200 the image gets more and more blurry.
On 1/250 that difference is barely visible (but visible for me because I know that it can be better), while on 1/320 is more visible. On 1/500 is pretty blurry, while on 1/800 the image is unusable. The photo on 1/800 looks like a shaky 1/15 sec photo.

Did anyone else had this problem? The closest Hasselblad service is 1400km away from me and it costs a fortune to send the lens for repair. If it's something trivial that I could fix locally in a 3rd party service I would do it gladly.

Thank you in advance!

NickT

Sounds like the shutter is failing sorry.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Lu

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

The lens is quiet old and goes on ebay for as low as $1500. The official Hasselblad service would cost approx 800€ here in Europe...
Out of experience, do you suggest visiting a 3rd party service, or is it a no-at-all?

Thanks,
L.

NickT

Shutter replacements are quite complex so best left to Hasselblad I think.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano