Phocus Tetherd capture and focus

Previous topic - Next topic

DJPixelMan

Has anyone else got this problem. Shooting H6-50 tethered.

Shoot a few shots then the Focus [- A +] box greys out. Restarting Phocus does nothing. Switching the camera off and then on does nothing. Taking off the battery and then reinserting it "usually" fixes the problem. Not a big deal, but 3 or 4 times during a 1/2 hour shoots is getting a little tedious now.

bdp

Yes, I see this sometimes, usually only if I power off the camera or accidentally unplug the usb cable. When I re-power the camera or plug the cable back in the +A- symbols are greyed out. I have found that removing the lens before re-powering the camera/back solves it, then wait till the camera is recognised in Phocus and reattach the lens. Quite annoying, I hope it will be fixed with a new version of Phocus or firmware.

Ben

DJPixelMan

Thanks Ben. Yes, removing the lens also fixed the problem. Not an ideal solution though. Hopefully it will be fixed "soon".

steve173

This is a problem that is not uncommon but a problem Hasselblad is loathe to address. That said here is what works for me.

1. The problem may exist, in part, due to the age of your computer? As explained to me by a computer tech; as your computer ages little bits of random files remain on your HD causing errors and slowing the computer down. I ran maintenance on my computer, defrag, etc., to clean it up a bit.

2. I do not turn my computer on until shortly before the shoot begins.

3. I charge the battery FULLY. I let the battery charge overnight.

4. *Do not open Photoshop or any similar programs. This may be key. I had Phocus open and opened Photoshop and Phocus crashed immediately.

5. When shooting (after a shot) let the blinking amber light turn green before taking another shot. At times it may take the amber light a few seconds to turn green. Be patient most times the camera will recover and you can continue to shoot.

The Hasselblad files are large and my gut feeling is that between the length of the Firewire cable and slow speed of the computer it's like trying to force 100 GBs of data through a pipe designed to accommodate 1 GB of data -- if that makes sense?

Let me know if this works for you?

Guy Dixon

When I open Phocus I open Live image, magnify, focus, shut live image and take a picture. When I reframe and go to do this sequence again the magnify option won't work without  disconnecting the camera and restarting Phocus and the camera. Is anyone else having this problem and has anyone found a way to resolve the issue? G