XH lens adapter

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

This may have been covered, but I can't seem to remember.  Since there is currently no auto focus using the XH lens adapter, is there any kind of focus confirmation using H lenses, such as a green square focus point?  And secondly, has Hasselblad given any sort of time frame they are anticipating implementing autofocus on H lenses.  I know, I know, a pie in the sky request seeing that we haven't seen hide nor hair of the adapter yet.

A quick look at the 80mm HC lens shows the combination of the adapter and the 80mm lens, shows that combination is .9055 inches longer than the 90mm XCD lens, not counting shades.  That combo is also only 31 grams more in weight.  So, I plan to use my 80 and forego the 90mm XCD lens.  But the 22mm upcoming XCD lens is very interesting and will probably go on my wish list. 

Greg

rent

Greg,

My guess is that focus peaking should still work. Sorry, don't have the adapter to confirm this.

Alex
Alex Jiang

Instagram

NickT

Greg
To the best of my knowledge, you will get focus confirmation. In fact you will also get AF with *some* HC lenses but that will depend on the age of the lens and how much space is available on the lens's eprom as I understand.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

satijntje

Quote from: NickT on March 26, 2017, 05:53:07 PM
Gn fact you will also get AF with *some* HC lenses but that will depend on the age of the lens and how much space is available on the lens's eprom as I understand.

Are there any guidelines on the age and eprom memory space on H lenses to use them with the XH adapter on the X1D with Autofocus!
AF is going to play an important role for me in the near future as my eyes are on the limit to perform a successful manual focussing.

John