H6D firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

bgateb

Quote from: boinger on April 19, 2017, 06:01:46 PM
Quote from: SrMi on April 19, 2017, 05:49:40 PM
Quote from: boinger on April 19, 2017, 05:01:50 PM
I would contact Hasselblad tech support sounds like something in the update process bricked your back from that particular version.

I will send you contact details of who has been helping me.

Appreciate that very much, but my problem is already resolved (with help from Hasselblad). I contacted someone from Hasselblad that I had an email address of. Later he called me and helped me through the steps to restore original firmware and then successfully reapply the fresh downloaded update. The problem was most likely caused by corrupted download. Impressed by help received!

Glad to see it resolved.

For others here is my setup in my studio with tech camera.

What adapter are you using for power?

boinger

Quote from: bgateb on April 21, 2017, 05:42:59 PM

I had a XT power bank and it came with multiple tips to fit different things.

I purchased the XTpower mp-10000 and that has a tip that is a near perfect fit for the h6d back, even better than the one I had with my XTPower mp-32000.

The mp-10000 size is a bit more manageable too.

Roger Méndez

Hi everyone.

After a time I started to use the HTS with the HC24D lens on the H6D100 and latest firmwire 1.16.0 with Phocus 3.1.5. Shutter speed works but not the aperture of the lens. This suppose to be arrange with this latest firmware update. Had to use the H4D60 for this job. Does anyone have this trouble?. Could it be reported somehow?? Thanks.

danord

Quote from: boinger on April 22, 2017, 06:41:30 PM
Quote from: bgateb on April 21, 2017, 05:42:59 PM

I had a XT power bank and it came with multiple tips to fit different things.

I purchased the XTpower mp-10000 and that has a tip that is a near perfect fit for the h6d back, even better than the one I had with my XTPower mp-32000.

The mp-10000 size is a bit more manageable too.

Appreciate your input on the power-solution! :D
Does any of the fittings that came with the power-bank fit directly into the H-series batteries? I'm looking for a solution to recharge my batteries on extended field-trips.

Best regards,
danord

Bro

Quote from: Roger Méndez on June 07, 2017, 11:43:46 AM
Hi everyone.

After a time I started to use the HTS with the HC24D lens on the H6D100 and latest firmwire 1.16.0 with Phocus 3.1.5. Shutter speed works but not the aperture of the lens. This suppose to be arrange with this latest firmware update. Had to use the H4D60 for this job. Does anyone have this trouble?. Could it be reported somehow?? Thanks.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your feedback. I have notified our developers and they are looking into this.

Best regards,
Hasselblad Product Management

Dagmar_L

I think there is another problem to be fixed - occasionally i got a message in camera "storage medium full" - while no card inside and I am shooting tethered to Imac. Very annoying - only removing battery helps. I saw this problem on 2 different H6D100 cameras with short and long cables, different Imacs.

cerett

Any word on the next firmware or software update?

DJPixelMan

I was thinking the same thing myself today. I see a new version of Phocus is out.

cerett

I have downloaded the new version of Phocus and find it absolutely amazing and disappointing that my H6D sill cannot be configured using this updated software. What gives?

DJPixelMan

With the last updated firmware, I find it amazing and totally unacceptable that we still can't measure the white balance...like we used to be able to in the H4.  Unbelievable.

bgateb

Quote from: cerett on June 10, 2017, 09:13:25 AM
I have downloaded the new version of Phocus and find it absolutely amazing and disappointing that my H6D sill cannot be configured using this updated software. What gives?

This.

Disappointing. :(

Dagmar_L

Hell - let's try new version :)

www.hasselblad.com
RELEASE NOTES
Firmware 1.17.0 for Hasselblad H6D-50c and H6D-100c
The 1.17.0 release is a feature and maintenance release for the H6D cameras that adds new functionality:
See User Guide version 1.5 for more detailed information.
New features:

Power from USB

HTS info overlay in Live View

Grid overlay in Video Live View and
recording

Clickable White Balance icon shown in
Video Live View and recording
Improvements compared to v1.15.0:

Incorrect "No Card" indication fixed

Improved USB stability and tethered
performance

Menu button toggles between main
Menu and Control Screen

Several bug fixes and language updates

eyedear

Can you power th back using a power bank with the new firmware

DJPixelMan

IF I were to use my H6 for video, I may possibly be excited about the 1.17.0 firmware update. But I don't. What's with all the video enhancement?

On the otherhand..where is the measured White Balance, Profiles, "traffic light" type selection,  you know, the simple stuff that was unexpectedly taken out of the H6..stuff that I'm sure we all use most of the time unlike the video capabilities of the camera. Stuff that I certainly miss to the point of frustration..like the measured white balance facility that I had in my old H3 and H4.

Oh well, Fuji is starting to looking good now....

DJPixelMan

Any news of further firmware updates for the H6 yet?