H6D firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

bernardl

It is now available for download.

Cheers,
Bernard

fsprow

Would someone be kind enough to give me instructions on how to transfer the file from my MacBook Pro download (from the Hasselblad site) to get it on the CFast or SD card to insert in the camera.

Thank you.

fsprow

I guess just drag the entire downloaded file to the card?

Thanks, Frank

DJPixelMan

OK..1.16.0 all loaded up and tried. Did anyone notice anything different? Missing features added back? Nope, nor did I.

eyedear

Is the screen color better

davidthescot

Hurrah

New firmware update now available on the Hasselblad support page

bernardl

How about the solution to use the H6D-100c on tech cameras?

Cheers,
Bernard

ganesh

Added functionality and main improvements for H6D (April 18,2017)

Compared to v1.12.1:
• Focus peaking in live view
• Histogram in grip display
• Visual Overexposure warning
• Technical camera (Flash Sync and Pinhole)
• Full support for HTS
• Support for Film Magazine HM 16-32
• Video poster frame in Browse mode
• Reduced power consumption in tethered mode
• Service menu: Image sequence counter reset
• Service menu: Factory reset
• About menu: "Usage" shows shutter count for lens
• Improved contrast level in video
• LCD color improvements
• Language updates

SrMi

Unfortunately, the update did not work for me.Got a new H6D100c yesterday with the firmware 1-12.4 (not available for download on Hasselblad's site). After starting the update process it stopped, and a message on top LCD asked to reinsert the battery. Having battery out even for more than an hour did not help: it starts up, does not recognize cards and stops with error 1000 (system error! please reinsert the battery). Talking to my dealer, looking for a solution.

boinger

Quote from: SrMi on April 19, 2017, 07:24:48 AM
Unfortunately, the update did not work for me.Got a new H6D100c yesterday with the firmware 1-12.4 (not available for download on Hasselblad's site). After starting the update process it stopped, and a message on top LCD asked to reinsert the battery. Having battery out even for more than an hour did not help: it starts up, does not recognize cards and stops with error 1000 (system error! please reinsert the battery). Talking to my dealer, looking for a solution.

What card are you using?

Try using the 16gb card the camera came with.

bernardl

Regarding the support of tech camera, I just got the answer from Hasselblad Japan. Please refer to pages 164-168 of the latest manual linked below. Power is provided through the DC input socket from an external power bank. One type is confirmed to have been tested but others should work also.

There are 2 modes:
- Flash sync mode for lenses equiped with a flash sync port (the lens controls speed and aperture)
- pinhole mode for lenses not equiped with one (the back controls the shutter speed and triggers the capture on screen)

http://static.hasselblad.com/2016/04/H6D-User-Manual-v1.4-170418.pdf

Sounds like a workable solution to me.

Btw I did not have any issue when I upgraded the firmware of my H6D-100c

Cheers,
Bernard

SrMi

Quote from: boinger on April 19, 2017, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: SrMi on April 19, 2017, 07:24:48 AM

What card are you using?

Try using the 16gb card the camera came with.

I used the 16Gb SD card that came with it for update. It does not recognize any cards any longer.

boinger

I would contact Hasselblad tech support sounds like something in the update process bricked your back from that particular version.

I will send you contact details of who has been helping me.

SrMi

Quote from: boinger on April 19, 2017, 05:01:50 PM
I would contact Hasselblad tech support sounds like something in the update process bricked your back from that particular version.

Appreciate that very much, but my problem is already resolved (with help from Hasselblad). I contacted someone from Hasselblad that I had an email address of. Later he called me and helped me through the steps to restore original firmware and then successfully reapply the fresh downloaded update. The problem was most likely caused by corrupted download. Impressed by help received!

boinger

Quote from: SrMi on April 19, 2017, 05:49:40 PM
Quote from: boinger on April 19, 2017, 05:01:50 PM

Appreciate that very much, but my problem is already resolved (with help from Hasselblad). I contacted someone from Hasselblad that I had an email address of. Later he called me and helped me through the steps to restore original firmware and then successfully reapply the fresh downloaded update. The problem was most likely caused by corrupted download. Impressed by help received!

Glad to see it resolved.

For others here is my setup in my studio with tech camera.