H6D firmware update

Previous topic - Next topic

mkerouac

I'm sure many owners would like more features in this release, but steady progress.  from Hasselblad's support site

H6D Firmware
In a  firmware release for H6D that is planned for mid April, the following functions will be added:
• Technical Camera Support: Flash Sync
• Technical Camera Support: Pin hole
• Over-exposure warning
• Focus peaking in Live View mode
• Firmware update of camera body (CBC) via CIM  le
• Full HTS support (including info on camera)
• Show histogram on grip display
• Reduction of power consumption in Tethered mode
• Language updates (corrections)
• Improved stability (mainly card handling)
• High priority bugs
• Standby/sleep mode locking out buttons, displays and sensor off (but power
still on) with short press of power button

The release after this is not yet planned in time but will focus on the following functions:
• Improve error handling
• Support power via USB
• CF Adapter Support
• Additional Technical Camera Support
• Set color temp based on gray capture
• Tethered: Browse memory card from Phocus
• Image Rating Support
• Pro le Support
• Advanced options for image storing (Backup + more)
• Audio Noti cations
• Improved HDMI Support
• Tethered: Camera con guration support from Phocus
• Create/Remove folder support

Product Management 2017-03-16

bgateb

Excellent.

I'm glad they are continually updating the camera, since I just acquired mine and good to know it's continually being supported, looking at the version history. I'm hoping Camera config in Phocus comes sooner rather than later.

DJPixelMan

"The release after this is not yet planned in time but will focus on the following functions:
• Set color temp based on gray capture"

That's it, leave the most important features until the very last.
Also, no profiles as per the User Manual..when will they be added back?

cerett

Seems odd that they would post this under "current firmware." I suspect that there has been considerable pressure to get on with an update and this is their way of saying they have not forgotten us. Certainly a step in the right direction.

NickT

Trust me I've been nagging!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

ChrisL

Had to laugh at adding histogram on grip, my H1 does that !!

bdp

At least they're letting us know that they are aware of it and onto it. I appreciate that.

Ben

DJPixelMan

Quote from: ChrisL on March 22, 2017, 10:32:16 AM

ChrisL..I would love to laugh with you, but I am beyond that now. One year on and most of the features that were already in my H4 are still not in the shiny new H6. This was a +/- £12,000 camera folks...+/- £12,000

ChrisL

Quote from: DJPixelMan on March 22, 2017, 11:23:26 PM

ChrisL..I would love to laugh with you, but I am beyond that now. One year on and most of the features that were already in my H4 are still not in the shiny new H6. This was a +/- £12,000 camera
folks...+/- £12,000

In another thread the Fflm back compatibility , specified in the web site as YES, is apparently not yet "allowed" by firmware with no date to implement. They do seem to have dropped the ball on this release.

bgateb

Quote from: ChrisL on March 23, 2017, 07:52:25 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on March 22, 2017, 11:23:26 PM

ChrisL..I would love to laugh with you, but I am beyond that now. One year on and most of the features that were already in my H4 are still not in the shiny new H6. This was a +/- £12,000 camera
folks...+/- £12,000

In another thread the Fflm back compatibility , specified in the web site as YES, is apparently not yet "allowed" by firmware with no date to implement. They do seem to have dropped the ball on this release.
along with the X1D?

tough times over there I'm sure, with all the restructuring and the times theyve been through in the last few years. I just got my H6D-50, and I love the camera, but with as capable a camera as it could be, seeing it crippled by lack of timely updates is a little concerning. I hope the updates are delivered once they (mostly) sort out the H1D. I understand the company is a small outfit, so I'll just wait patiently. :p

davidthescot

Well it's good news that something is being done to bring this camera up to the spec of the preceding bodies.

But you know what?  I am loving this new 100MP sensor and as I mostly shoot tethered to a laptop or via wifi I don't really miss a lot of these features.  The best recent news is the upgrade to Phocus Mobile with the histogram now displayed.

DJPixelMan

Quote from: davidthescot on March 24, 2017, 08:46:17 AM
Well it's good news that something is being done to bring this camera up to the spec of the preceding bodies.

But you know what?  I am loving this new 100MP sensor and as I mostly shoot tethered to a laptop or via wifi I don't really miss a lot of these features.  The best recent news is the upgrade to Phocus Mobile with the histogram now displayed.

I wonder if/when Phocus Mobile will also be available for Android. That seems to have been overlooked too.

eyedear

yes we really need a phocus mobile android version

Alex

Re Phocus Mobile: would be good to have the grid layout transposed over (especially in Live View), so that one doesn't have to keep going back to the main computer.

xmymo

On the release of the new firmware update in April, Hasselblad will also communicate a solution for powering the back.