HM 16.32

Previous topic - Next topic

fsprow

I love both film (503CW) and digital (now have an H6D-100c, spectacular) and wonder if I would be happy just using the H6D, interchanging the digital back for the HM 16.32.

Thoughts very welcome.

ChrisL

I have both formats, a 500c/m (P20 available to use as well as film) and a H1 with a P45+ and several film backs and inserts.
I am happy with either but I would not give up the 500 for the H, the shooting experience is very different, but again I would not give up the H for the 500 even on film.
Given the low cost of a 16-32 back (S/H!!) I see no reason not to get one anyway and run some rolls but your question is would you be just as happy. In what way? On film the best CF lenses are very good I would say if just resolution/rendering is important then the HC lenses will loose something on film but then that's film so I would say you would be pushed to say if you shoot film which camera/lens you used, format shape excepted. As to being happy with the aesthetic experience, you have both why is this a binary decision, other than carrying weight?

Let's try this:
This is on a 80mm lens and Fuji Pro 400H it may be on the H1 and cropped square or it could be the 500c/m.

That doesn't help at all does it? Or perhaps it does.

Try Portra 400, cropped 6x4.5 or native 6x6?

Last one:
Portra 400

fsprow

Thanks for the very  helpful reply.  I think I just love the look and handling of the V cameras so much I will keep it anyway but may get the H film back to keep the weight (already heavy) down when traveling.

Frank

ChrisL

FYI The first two are HC 80 on 16/32 cropped square, the last 500c/m on 80mm A12.
Its no weight really to add the 16/32 back just remember the digital back protector plate!! Been there done that.

Hassilistic

Guys I have a question about the Magazine.

I know that their is a little battery inside for the info in the LCD and all functions pertaining to the Magazine back, but how is the effect on the Camera Grip Battery, I am assuming it will last for a very long time hence no Digital back is attached, although it still powers the autofocus lens mirror, shutter, flash, metering, etc..

Thanks

ChrisL

Can't hep there I am afraid, my Phase One backs are self powered so I don't see a difference shooting film. I do however note that using a manual focus CF lens via the adapter makes a large difference in battery grip life compared to a HC autofocus lens.

Hassilistic

The reason I ask, is because I wanna purchase a Magazine holder cause this summer I will find my self shooting in extreme hot situations were I can not expose the back to such possible damage.  I also want to try out some amazing new  B&W film in the process.

fsprow

I just asked a Hasselblad rep about the film back for the H6D.  He said it would not work but will after an update (no definite time for same).

ChrisL

Quote from: fsprow on March 23, 2017, 01:13:15 AM
I just asked a Hasselblad rep about the film back for the H6D.  He said it would not work but will after an update (no definite time for same).
Interesting as the Specs. clearly state it will with no limitation specified on an update being required : http://www.hasselblad.com/h6-system/h6d-50c  Film compatibility Yes

Hassilistic

Not a problem for me I am using H5D.  The reason I still wanna know, is because we will be camping and no electricity for at least 4 days.
So a couple of fully charged Batteries will have to last me through it. :)

ChrisL

It's going to have to be extreme to go outside the H digital range of operating temperatures: -10 - 45 ̊C

Hassilistic

Yup, it's in Dubai in June with average temperatures of 48˚C, dust , sand... honestly I don't think my Insurance would cover it!

eyedear

how i wish Hasselblad would provide a firmware update to allow the use of the HM16-32 on the H4D series camera.

PhotoKratky

Quote from: Hassilistic on March 23, 2017, 10:30:43 AM
Not a problem for me I am using H5D.  The reason I still wanna know, is because we will be camping and no electricity for at least 4 days.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but since I'm going to be in the same situation (no electricity) for ten days in May: Is there a way to charge H5D batteries in the car (short of an inverter)?

Hassilistic

Quote from: PhotoKratky on March 23, 2017, 11:59:58 PM
Quote from: Hassilistic on March 23, 2017, 10:30:43 AM

Sorry to hijack this thread, but since I'm going to be in the same situation (no electricity) for ten days in May: Is there a way to charge H5D batteries in the car (short of an inverter)?

Funny you should say that, As someone earlier recommended this to me:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BESTEK-Inverter-Converter-Outlet-Charger/dp/B00INW611Y/ref=pd_sbs_23_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=23MHNH6EN4K7B8ZZFFST