H6D and Live View

Previous topic - Next topic

cerett

Help - After an exposure in Live View the camera does not automatically return to live view for the next exposure. Also, the mirror stays up until I release it. What am I missing here? Thanks

danord

Hi!
I noticed the same first thing as I received my 100c. It's contrasting what I'm used from my e.g. Nikons and it annoyed me a little in the beginning. However, after a few monts use, I've gotten in to it and don't think about it any more. Maybe that solution even saves some battery.
Anyway, it should only be a firmware-tweak to make different live-view options customizable, and I must admit that I would prefer to have the option of automatically returning to LV or maybe be able to customize one of the hand-grip buttons to make a single-button live-view activation.
Cheers!

Danord

DJPixelMan

Lol..I thought that I was the only one with this problem! "Hopefully" it will be fixed in a firmware update..soon.

cerett

Quote from: danord on March 01, 2017, 08:31:12 PM
Hi!
I noticed the same first thing as I received my 100c. It's contrasting what I'm used from my e.g. Nikons and it annoyed me a little in the beginning. However, after a few monts use, I've gotten in to it and don't think about it any more. Maybe that solution even saves some battery.
Anyway, it should only be a firmware-tweak to make different live-view options customizable, and I must admit that I would prefer to have the option of automatically returning to LV or maybe be able to customize one of the hand-grip buttons to make a single-button live-view activation.
Cheers!

Danord
Thank you. As long as I know it is not a malfunction, I can cope with it for now. Yeah, I would really like a programable button for LV activation. It seems that much attention is being paid to the X1D (new firmware and lenses) these days. I hope they haven't forgotten the H6D owners.

NickT

I think the live view issues you guys are seeing are software not firmware related to you should see a fix in a newer version of Phocus.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

cerett

Quote from: NickT on March 02, 2017, 12:44:27 PM
I think the live view issues you guys are seeing are software not firmware related to you should see a fix in a newer version of Phocus.

Nick - This should have nothing to do with Phocus as I am shooting untethered. It simply a matter of Live View shutting down after the first exposure. To get back into LV again, you need to re-activate it. I did not see any options in camera to keep it on. As already pointed out, this is different from Nikon, Canon, etc. In these cameras, LV mode remains on for additional exposures until you turn it off. Do you perhaps mean that there will be a camera setting in Phocus to make this happen once the software recognizes my H6D-100c?

NickT

Oops sorry I thought you were discussing tethered Live view!

cerett

I did recently ask Hasselblad about this and they said it was to conserve battery power. However, it would be really nice to have this as a programmable option; i.e. keep live view on or turn it off after exposure.

NickT

I think you'll find most of us here use our cameras to make images...

cerett

Quote from: Bab on April 17, 2017, 11:33:25 AM
This will be handled in a future firmware update, after they update the other 50 really important requests of which only two interest me. But then again I don't sit in a museum snapping images of other people's work, I actually use my camera to make images!

Not quite sure where you came up with this nonsense! I'm positive that the vast majority of our members use their cameras to "make images." In addition, having live view available for multiple images without having to continuously re-open it is important to me regardless of what you might think.