Lenses for the X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

ganesh

Michael H. Cothran

I just read the email release. The 120 would be the next lens I would like to purchase, so this is ideal. They've also announced a 35-75 zoom, a 65mm, and a 22mm. I'll plan on buying the 22 also for my landscape work. The zoom doesn't appeal to me though, and I'm not sure about the 65 either.

HOWEVER - while it's great that they are moving forward with the X system, it ain't doin' a damn bit of good if they can't deliver on the bodies. I'm still quite aggravated that my X1D body is still on backorder. This, after Hasselblad announced back in January that it is now shipping in quantities. I'd like to know where the hell those "quantities" are going.
And, to add insult to injury, NO ONE knows why, or anything for that matter. That includes B&H buyers, Hasselblad's corporate office in NJ, and the Southeast regional sales manager. They are ALL in the dark. The best that they can do is speculate. And they've been speculating since last summer, so I don't need to hear any more speculations.
OK, sorry. End of rant.

JimBrennan

Don't worry, they are coming. I got mine, and two lenses last week!!!

Michael H. Cothran

UPDATE - B&H just called me (March 29, 2017). My X1D body is in, so my order will be shipped Thursday, March 30, 2017, and should be at my door by Tuesday, April 4th. I still have 2 extra batteries plus the XH lens adapter on back order. I ordered all 3 currently available lenses (30, 45, 90) plus a RRS L bracket, and several SD memory cards. Getting excited!

I ordered 2 extra batteries & chargers based on my experience with my H4D batteries, which die out very quickly. I can shoot thru those 3 batteries in an average day's shooting out in the field. Then recharging overnight so I'm good to go the next day.
The only reason I'm buying the XH lens adapter is to use with my current HC 300mm lens, which I often use for wildlife and birds. It's a very sharp lens, but camera shake and lack of accurate focusing are often the kiss of death using this lens. It would not do me much good though, on the X1D, without AF, so I'll be up the proverbial creek without a paddle if that firmware does not come through.

ganesh

Hasselblad raised prices (for X and H lenses) on April 1st:
5% increase for H lenses / 20% for the XCD 45mm / 17% for the XCD 90mm.
If you are about to buy one of these, you might still find the old prices at some dealers if you hurry up.