Mixing New 3200 battery with original ones on H4D

Previous topic - Next topic

psmith2383

I have a H4D with two of the older batteries that came with the unit.  I'm needing to add a third battery and must use the newer battery that came out with the H5D series.  I understand that the new battery will involve upgrading to newer firmware.  If I upgrade firmware to accommodate the newer battery will I be able to use older ones. The older batteries still work. I'm a bit flummoxed about investing in new battery and whether I'll be able to use older batteries.  Any help would be great.  Phil

NickT

HiPhil
I use the (older) 1850 batteries with my H6D latest firmware and they work just fine.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Michael H. Cothran

I'm using an H5D battery with my H4D/50. I also bought a new charger along with the H5D battery. No problems at all. Lasts longer in-camera than my original H4D battery.
PS - Tech support at Hasselblad in NJ recommended the upgrade.

psmith2383

I want to thank the two who took the time to give me their advice about buying the new type battery.  This was my first forum post and since I'm just learning how to use the camera, this forum seems very helpful and open to assisting those new to the H-digital cameras.  Phil

NickT

Hi Phil
Thanks for that, yes we are a helpful and polite bunch here I like to think :)
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

DJPixelMan

Quote from: NickT on February 20, 2017, 11:20:13 AM
HiPhil
I use the (older) 1850 batteries with my H6D latest firmware and they work just fine.

Me too. I've got 4 older batteries from the H3DII and the H4. ..all work fine.