X1D: Firmware Improvements Wish List

Previous topic - Next topic

Neimad

The proximity sensor on my camera is now totally confused when I'm using it outside under the sunlight. With the bright light and shadows, the sensor is just acting crazy switching back and force between the viewfinder and the LCD screen. We are starting to have bright , sunny days here in NYC and I'm discovering this issue (i received my camera during the winter)

paulcalver

My first post on here, so hello all.

I've been using the x1d for a couple of months now and I'm liking a lot of what i'm reading here about firmware updates.  I have a couple to add, it's more of a bug which i'm wondering if anyone else has experienced?

I keep getting an issue where the aperture / shutter dials become unresponsive immediately after you take a shot but not removed your eye from viewfinder, so when you need to make a small tweak to exposure after a shot.  The only way to fix is to remove your eye triggering the screen on and to then looking through viewfinder again.  It's super frustrating when trying to work fast as I often do.  I also often have the viewfinder go black with the message half press release to activate, but you can only get it to active by using the same remove eye from viewfinder trick, or by taking a shot (half press doesn't work).

Offer request would be battery percentage read out, you can view when tethered to phocus, so I'm guessing the info is available but for some reason not displayed in the camera.

Thanks,
Paul.

BradP

Quote from: paulcalver on June 12, 2017, 09:03:42 PM

I've been using the x1d for a couple of months now and I'm liking a lot of what i'm reading here about firmware updates.  I have a couple to add, it's more of a bug which i'm wondering if anyone else has experienced?

I keep getting an issue where the aperture / shutter dials become unresponsive immediately after you take a shot but not removed your eye from viewfinder, so when you need to make a small tweak to exposure after a shot.  The only way to fix is to remove your eye triggering the screen on and to then looking through viewfinder again.  It's super frustrating when trying to work fast as I often do.  I also often have the viewfinder go black with the message half press release to activate, but you can only get it to active by using the same remove eye from viewfinder trick, or by taking a shot (half press doesn't work).

Offer request would be battery percentage read out, you can view when tethered to phocus, so I'm guessing the info is available but for some reason not displayed in the camera.

Thanks,
Paul.

Yes, I just noticed the same thing this morning.  Try turning the "Image Preview" button off.  While the image is previewing, the dials appear to be dedicated to that function.   Fixed it for me.

BradP

Not to detract Hasselblad firmware engineers one second from my most needed firmware development (live histogram or blinkies to avoid blowing shots out), another thing I'd put on the list is some sort of matrix light metering mode that takes into account more than 25% of the frame.  The current modes seem only allow for the center 25%-5% of the frame.  Outdoor shots can be hurt by that (as I'm finding going through some shots today in a heavily wooded outdoor area).

Cliff S

Quote from: BradP on June 17, 2017, 12:23:59 PM
Quote from: paulcalver on June 12, 2017, 09:03:42 PM

Thanks,
Paul.

Yes, I just noticed the same thing this morning.  Try turning the "Image Preview" button off.  While the image is previewing, the dials appear to be dedicated to that function.   Fixed it for me.

The way it works is that when looking through the EVF you immediately are in live view after you take a picture and have immediate control of f stop and shutter speed with the dials. When looking at the screen, you see a preview of the photo taken and the scroll wheels act as they would in playback mode until the shutter is half pressed.

If you lose response of the dials while looking through the EVF then something is wrong.

cementjungle

My initial wish-list is pretty basic:

1. Option to write files to both cards. There's nothing worse that getting some "once in a lifetime" shots only to go home, slip the card into your PC and have the card die on you. Doesn't happen often, but its sure nice having the backup copy in this situation. In my mind, this is the single most compelling reason to have two card slots in the first place.

2. Something for Android users to at least trigger the camera (vis WiFi). iPhone users apparently have that and much more, but half of us out here don't use iPhones. Even a super-simple app that at least can press the shutter would be great step since there's no other real option (other than setting the camera's timer).
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

Bro

Hi cementjungle,

Thank you for your input. Both of your requests are in the future X1D feature priority list. The option to write to both cards will be introduced shortly, while developing a comparable Android app would take longer time. However, your proposal to introduce a more simple version for just triggering the X1D remotely could be surely a quicker solution. We will look into this possibility.

Stay tuned!

// The Hasselblad team

Mr-Anderson

And I want to have an option to lock front and rear dial when shooting. Often I by misstake change the settings!

kiubabar

I wish it has an option for me to set the initial screen after I turn on my camera or after I take a shot into "focus choosing" mode. So I don't have to long press the AF/MF button every time. Lacking a four way button is inconvenient.