X1D: Firmware Improvements Wish List

Previous topic - Next topic

ganesh

And once most of this will be done...
there must be a way to make that dreadful shutter sound a bit more sexy. In a Hasselblad!

Neimad

I'm using the camera for few weeks and here is the list of corrections or additional features I would like to see in a new firmware:

1. Multi aspect ratio
Implement options for different ratios: 3:2, 4:3, 1:1

2. Clipping (Highlight & Shadow) alert
This is very well implemented in the Leica M. Just do the same.

3. Rating
It's a very nice feature to quickly rate the good shots on the go. I like it on my CFV39 back. I initially believed the "star" button on the right side of the screen was for it but it's not.

4. Liveview Activation
Live view goes off for no reason sometimes. Pressing half way on the shutter does not always bring it on. Multiple presses are sometimes required and I ended up sometimes by taking a photo as I was pressing too hard. There is something to fix here.

5. Viewfinder sensor (Viewfinder vs LCD)
The sensor in the viewfinder does not always respond as expected. I wear glasses and it doesn't always detect my eyes. So, the live view is moving sometimes back and force between the viewfinder and the LCD. This is very frustrating. On the other side, the viewfinder is often activated if I put my hand around the LCD to protect from the sun. A good solution will be to implement a manual selection in the menu between the viewfinder and the LCD

6. Image Preview
If I uncheck the Image Preview box and make the exposure with my eye on the viewfinder, the Image Preview still comes on on the LCD if I take my eye away from the viewfinder. This issue has been already reported and identified by Hasselblad.

7. Copyright Infos
Implement Copyright Information

8. Image Numbering / Filename
Implement the option to change the filename structure

sanglier

Hello,
Do you think that this list of software evolutions is read or transmitted to hasselblad?

NickT

Please keep posting here! I do indeed pass these on to Hasselblad!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

rent

Thanks, Nick!

Please do pass on the spirit level calibration issue then - can't be user-calibrated in both portrait and landscape orientation. Hopefully it can be corrected via fw.

Thanks!
Alex

Quote from: NickT on April 06, 2017, 10:11:49 AM
Please keep posting here! I do indeed pass these on to Hasselblad!
Alex Jiang

Instagram

Cliff S

My 2 anticipated fixes are much quicker AF and a way to scroll through pkayback while zoomed in instead of having to reset the zoom. In other words, zoom to some level in playback and scroll through adjacent pictures while retaining that zoom level.

Cliff S

Also the EV comp indicator on the playback screen should show what EV comp was shot at, not what it's globally set at.

Ario

Auto ISO in manual mode (User selects aperture and speed, camera selects ISO)

alkaabi

i just want to emphasize on allowing the user to preview the image on the EVF, i don't want to take my eye off the EVF when i'm shooting, especially on a day time, it makes looking at the image much easier.

also it would be great to be able to choose the MP, not necessary i need 50MP for each image, in many occasions and to save memory space with faster edit i'm happy with 20 or even 10mp. in fact if we can use digital zoom as well.

Michael H. Cothran

For whoever is reading these, I'd like to add my two, which, btw, have already been mentioned, so consider mine a reinforcement -
1. Real Time Histogram in Live View
2. Cable release (via USB port would be ideal)

hcubell

Any reports as to when the next firmware update will likely appear?

Michael H. Cothran

PS - For a cable release, my first choice would be a remote cable, that does not need to be attached to the X1D.

Snuffels

I'll ask the question again.  Any word on when the next firmware update will be out.  I was told it would be May 1.  However, in keeping with Hasselblad's track record for on-time release, that could be next year.

incredipete

My only hope is they improve the EVF proximity sensor. I wear glasses and getting it to switch to EVF is a really glitchy process.

neilb

Agreed - the EVF proximity sensor is very glitchy when wearing glasses!