X1D: Firmware Improvements Wish List

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeC

Quote from: KeithL on February 19, 2017, 06:23:02 AM
Does the latest firmware allow the user to select shutter speed in auto ISO?

Keith, the latest firmware does not allow the user to select the minimum shutter speed when using Auto ISO. That's a feature of the Sony a7RII that I've become accustomed to and I miss it on the X1D.

Joe

KeithL

Joe, thanks, hopefully a future FW update.

Snuffels

Multi-exposure setting. Combining 2 or more photos into one final image. Allows for the equivalent of a long exposure without a filter.  I also would like to see auto-bracketing. 

siddhaarta

Wishlist for landscape photographers:

1) Digital indications of current focus distance in the EVF (optional)
2) Digital DoF scale, indicating at a given focus point and aperture, range of acceptable focus 
3) Hyperfocal automation (automatic selection of aperture at given focus distance, in order to obtain acceptable sharpness at infinity)
4) Focus stacking automation (sequence of photos where the camera adjusts the focus slightly)

Leica S and PhaseOne have this kind of features

pflower

I know that both of these have been mentioned before, but repetition never hurts when making points.

For me the three things I miss are:

1.  Real Time Histogram in live view in the EVF
2.  Zebras in the EVF (although I could live without this if the histogram was accurate)
2.  Review in the EVF - in bright sunlight the LCD is not ideal.

Ario

At present the secondary SD slot can only be used in overflow mode. The possibility to use it also in back-up mode is an essential feature IMHO.

tbullock

For me:
1) In-camera battery charging. It seems like such a no-brainer, and it's already got USB-C, but I'd bet it's not possible to add via firmware
2) EFCS
3) SD card backup mode
4) Ability to toggle rear screen off
5) Easily reset AF sensor to center using buttons

Neimad

One additional feature to be added:
1. Multi aspect ratio option: 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1
I remember it was discussed at the launch of the camera but I cannot find it anywhere on the camera.
This fonction could be implemented on the live view with the square soft button (one press to switch from a ratio to another one)

Imagecrazy

On my wish list, besides items on other wish lists, is to see JPG available in the camera in monochrome.  I am new to Hasselblad and don't know if this just isn't done in general, but since I mostly do monochrome it would be nice to see it while composing.  Every other digital camera I have had to date has this.  Am I missing something?

howsol

I TOTALLY concur with having the ability to see jpg files in monochrome prior to taking the picture.  Leica provides this on their M cameras and its really useful.  Only available if you select RAW+JPEG for storage.  Also I would love to see ability to a) use Auto ISO in manual mode; and b) be able to set the maximum shutter speed when using auto ISO.

pflower

Since I think Nick is passing on complaints/problems/comments to Hasselblad I will post here.

I have now been using the X1D for several weeks and in general I think it is wonderful.  However apart from specific  firmware suggestions that  I, and others, have made - notably live histograms, Zebras, review in the EVF I do have 3 bugbears:

1.  When the camera is in sleep mode - i.e. let's just say 20 seconds after having made a photograph - a gentle touch on the shutter button does not always or immediately bring back live view in the EVF or LCD.  Sometimes it takes multiple presses of the shutter button to get back to live view and sometimes one gets so exasperated that I end up making a photograph of the floor before it responds.  I suspect this must be a firmware problem.

pflower

It's not just my X1D that demonstrates slightly odd behaviour.  I was still editing my earlier post when it mysteriously got posted.  So to carry on:

2.   I have had 3 days in which I have made about 130 exposures each day.   On each day I have had at least one (I think one day I had 3 but can't guarantee that) general system failure which prompts me to eject the battery and start again.  On one occasion I got a message asking me if I wanted to save an error log which I did.  Is anyone interested at Hasselblad in looking at that and if so who do I send it to?  This seems to me to be  a software/firmware problem.

3.  I am using a Sandisk Extreme 64GB card, class 10 but only 60mbs.  For the first 5 or 6 times I used the camera I got a "No Card" error which restarting corrected.  Since then I haven't had one but everytime I start the camera it momentarily says that the card is full but then changes its mind and reveals the true number of exposures available to the card.

4.  Most annoyingly I am getting "No Lens Attached" error messages.  At first this was frequent.  I posted this on a forum and got a response to someone who had the same problem and said that this was solved by really mounting the lens with force - so I did so with the camera turned on and got the usual mechanical "click" but then if you push harder there is an electronic click (not dissimilar to the shutter sound).  That, I thought, had cured the problem.  But recently I have had this twice in the last couple of days.  I only have one lens - the 45mm - and so have never changed lenses.  Is this another firmware glitch?

Sorry to post here but I know that Nick reads these posts and has communication with Hasselblad. So I am hoping that these glitches might get reported to Hasselblad and get some attention.

Actually having said in Item 4 "most annoyingly", that is not correct.  The most annoying thing about the camera is that a very gentle press of the shutter does not return me (always) to live view.  Other than this, I love this camera and if these things can be sorted out I fear that 30 years of other equipment is about to become redundant .

Imagecrazy

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have found using a faster card at 80mb/s seems to be better and no longer experience needing to reboot by taking the battery out.  So, perhaps this is source of some errors.  When I put a slightly slower card in, was crashing often.

Ario

I have never used any card slower than 95 Mb/s and I had a few crash. Strange enough all the crashes occurred to me during the first week after I got the camera, none recently. The current FW 1.15 has been installed since day one, so the improved stability is not due to the FW.

sanglier

Hello,
I confirm a real need for a lot of exhibition and competition,
and for slideshow where we mix photos of X1D and nikon for example

the aspect ratio option: 3:2

i hope it very, really.