H4D rear display

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul n

Sorry guys more noob questions. There's probably a very simple explanation for this and I do have an idea what may be causing it but I thought I'd ask the experts.
When I take an image with my H4D-31 it always appears really soft on the rear screen so much so that when I first got it and the current lens I thought there may be a problem with it, when I upload to the pc the images are fine but on the camera they look soft. I do shoot mainly to CF card as a lot of my work is mobile and I think it may be related to the card but what are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance

DJPixelMan

Probably not much help, but don't rely on the screen on the back. I had an H4-50..it always appeared to be a little soft, but all was OK on the pc screen. Probably being due to the relatively low resolution on the H4 screen. Unless of course you mean the the image is REALLY soft, in which case I would suspect that something may be wrong. The H6 screen is far better.

Paul n

Thank you, no its just the rear screen. The images themselves are fine. I've seen a few videos (pre purchase) of having the ability to zoom in at 100% on the rear screen to check sharpness but when I try it it doesn't look sharp at all. I tend to go by the sound for exposure check and the arrows in the vf for focus which I'm pleased to say hasn't let me down so far. I was wondering if it was my cf card? Maybe the write speed isn't fast enough?

DJPixelMan

Well, what do pictures that you took like on playback on the screen..ie, pictures that you took, say 5 minutes earlier, are they any better? Playback will show you what is on the cf card.

Paul n

No they pixelate when I try to zoom in, they then buffer and load but still look soft to me

DJPixelMan

Humm..OK. Have you got your firmware up to date?  Failing that, it might be worth a trip to your Hasselblad service dept.

Paul n

I'll have to check the firmware but like I say the actual images are sharp it's just the back of cam that look soft