A little confused

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul n

Hi all, being a noob to Hasselblad this may seem like a daft question or may have been asked before but it has actually confused me. I have an HD4-31 which I use for animal portraits, I rarely use flash for equine or zoo work but I want to have the ability to use speedlights for pet portraits. I have two old yongnuo speedlights that I used with my old canon system which fire fine off the hassy hot shoe, one flash is a single pin the other a 5 pin all easy so far but here's where I'm getting confused. I also have two sets of triggers one set is the yongnuo that go with the flashes and one set are camtraptions triggers, I also have an ettl cable. Now both flashes fit my hot shoe and fire, the ettl (5pin) fits the hot shoe and fires( not in ettl) but neither set of triggers even fit on the hot shoe, they are both 5 pin, both the same size, the hassy hot shoe is the same as my canon hot shoe size wise, any ideas why they won't even fit on the hassy? As far as I was aware all hot shoes were the same size? As I said, total noob question but I'm never too old to learn.
Thanks

NickT

Weird. I'm pretty sure all hot shoes are the same dimension. Almost certain in fact. Only thing I can think of is you are trying to push the transmitters on backwards or the tensioner thing id wound down...
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jerome_m

The problem is usually the pins on the underside of the transmitter. They do not retract on the Hasselblad hot shoe (some other brands, don't remember which one, have a slope at the entrance of the shoe to help retract the pins). If you turn the viewfinder upside down, you will see the pins. You can push them in with a short stick and then the shoe will slide in.

Paul n

Thanks both,  it does seem that you're right the pins on the transmitter don't retract as you say. They do on the flashes and the cord but not the transmitter. I'll have another look, I thought I was going mad but I'm glad it's been confirmed that all hot shoes are the same. Maybe it's something I'm doing?

Paul n

All sorted now, thank you guys :) it was the pins, I had to help them retract to get them in to the hot shoe. The triggers work fine so I'm all set to rock and roll. Thanks again :)