210mm f4

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul n

Hi all, has anyone had experience with this lens? It's one I'm looking at adding to my kit for my zoo work. How use able is it handheld? Does anyone have any sample pics to hand?
Thanks

Paul n

Thank you Alex, based on those images it will certainly do what I want it to do. :)

Alex

I used it a couple of times and was really impressed; it also was easy to accurately 'grab' the subject matter with the AF (when compared to a 150N & a 120). Worked great with a 39MP MS, purple fringing became more evident on hard edges with the 50MP MS  (however LR lens corrections cleared it). Worth a hire before you buy.

Paul n

Thanks Alex, would you say it's easily handholdable or is it a lens that requires a tripod? I was using a 1 series Canon with a 100-400L am I right in thinking it's a similar weight? Also am I right in thinking it's an internal focusing lens? I tend to press the lens hood up against the glass or wire when I work at zoo's so an internal focusing lens is a big advantage for that

jerome_m

The HC210 focusses internally and its length does not change when focussed.

Dan

Quote from: jerome_m on January 21, 2017, 10:31:28 AM
The HC210 focusses internally and its length does not change when focussed.

Your Cannon lens 100-400 is 3.1 lbs
The 210 mm Hasselblad lens is 2.9 lbs I have not tried this lens.
The 300 mm Hasselblad lens is 4.6 lbs and can be used handheld for very slow or non moving objects

My feeling is the bulk of the H series makes them more stable to hold compared to the Nikon's I also use.

Paul n

Hi Dan, thank you for the info. I'm surprised to hear it's actually lighter than the 100-400, that's even more in its favour. I think it's a sure fire addition to my kit now. Thanks everyone :)