CFV50 Flash Synch Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

timh228

My CFV50 back refuses to trigger flash units (mains powered Elinchrom pack/heads). I've replaced input/output cables to the back. Tested camera and lens (50mm + 503+WINDER) without the CFV back using cables and that triggers the flash.
Firmware is 370, which I think is the latest , re-installed that via Phocus 3 and defaulted all settings. Appreciate any further suggestions to get it working.  Thanks.

Charles S

Have had the same issue with an older back and pocket wizzards. The issue turned out to be that the connection cable was a stereo plug and that the back works off a mono plug. Pocket wizzard has a stereo to mono plug that you can put in-between. Hope this helps

timh228

Stereo and Mono Plugs.
Thanks for this tip
Interesting. I shall look into that.

I also had a reply from Hasselblad themselves where I am in the UK. Who were very helpful.
I  found out my combination of Body (503CW) and Back (CFV50) and lens (50mm Distagon)does not actually need the synch cables into the back at all (!)
Just a normal lens to flash synch lead (or lens to radio trigger in my case). The 503CW triggers the back mechanically.
For me this was both surprising and embarrassing information,
Surprising because I was convinced none of the mechanical link ups worked with Dig back synchronisation and had been told cables were essential.
Embarrassing because I never thought to try it without cables.

Happy New Year to all.

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano