H5D-40: Big black line in images

Previous topic - Next topic

nainmaslun

Hi guys, how is it going?

Not good from here. Yesterday I had a huge problem with my H5D-40. I was in the middle of a photoshoot and suddenly a big black line appeared in the middle of the pics. I thought it could be a transfer problem or a Phocus problem, but to my surprise, I disconnected the camera from the computer, I went out of the studio to shoot some natural light tests and it happened the same. I thought it could now a digital back problem so I disarmed the camera and put back everything again, I tested and same result. Im going to describe what I was using, the settings and attach some images so you can see.

I was using an H5D-40 (bought in June), with an HC 100mm, 100 ISO, 1/500, f11, connected to a MacbookPro 15 Retina with the Apple adapter and the Hasselblad black cable. I was shooting with Profoto sync.

Im afraid it could be a digital back problem because it looks it just happens in one half of the sensor. Im scared. It's my first MF camera, I have it from just 5 or 6 months, I had some problems before but I learned how to deal with them, but this is far far from what we can deal with. I already contacted Hasselblad but I also want to know your experience.

Thanks for your help!

jerome_m

MF backs rarely fail (it is the first time I see such images as yours), but they sometimes do. Looks like it is time for a warranty return. You may want to ask the retailer to lend you a camera for the time of the repair, they often do that.

Greg

Many years ago I had similar issues with my CFV16, but as I recall, it did not spend much time at service.  The line was magenta and was very overexposed.  I have since had an H3D22 and an H4D60 without issues.  They are workhorses and seldom have any problems.  Sorry for your problem, and I wish you good luck.

Greg

nainmaslun

Hi guys,

Thank you for your replies. I had to send the camera to Sweden and now it's back in the US. The problem was with the sensor and it was replaced for a new one. They also repaired other problemas like the 121:0 error that I had and a non-sync with flashes at 1/250. It was really weird all this problems but its supposed to be good now. In some days I'll be traveling to the US so I'll let you all know how the camera works now, if everything was fixed and hope to bring you some beautiful pictures.