Promised and missing features of H6D firmware

Previous topic - Next topic

DJPixelMan

Quote from: mkerouac on February 17, 2017, 09:11:47 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on February 16, 2017, 05:58:51 AM
I see the "new baby" the X1D has just had another firmware update.

The X1D was shipping with Demo firmware.  it desperately needed the update.  I'm pretty sure that the H6D firmware is up next and coming soon.  Just don't think it will make everyone happy.  As some of you may remember, it took well over a year for the H5 firmware to get most of the promised features.

Maybe just stick with one model at a time then and get that up and running properly before bringing out a completely new system. These cameras aren't exactly budget range or cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

mkerouac

Quote from: DJPixelMan on February 18, 2017, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: mkerouac on February 17, 2017, 09:11:47 AM
Quote from: DJPixelMan on February 16, 2017, 05:58:51 AM
I see the "new baby" the X1D has just had another firmware update.

The X1D was shipping with Demo firmware.  it desperately needed the update.  I'm pretty sure that the H6D firmware is up next and coming soon.  Just don't think it will make everyone happy.  As some of you may remember, it took well over a year for the H5 firmware to get most of the promised features.

Maybe just stick with one model at a time then and get that up and running properly before bringing out a completely new system. These cameras aren't exactly budget range or cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

As you know, this is nothing unusual or new.  The delivery delays were unusual, but Hasselblad shipping a functional camera without all the bells and whistles is pretty standard fare.  They give us a camera that works and then add additional features over time.  Both my X1D and my H6D worked out of the box, they just don't have all of the promised features.  I agree with you, that for the price we are paying, the camera's should be closer to spec, but I kind of got used to the process with the H5's, So I'm living with it on the X1D and the H6.

NickT

Quote from: DJPixelMan on February 18, 2017, 10:00:36 PM

I hear you but I think the X1D has really saved Hasselblad from an uncertain future (and attracted much needed investment from DJI) whereas making H6D owners happy wouldn't add much to the bottom line...

I think once the X1D dust settles we'll see a return to focus on the H6D.

BTW I'm not trying to make excuses, I think the delay in promised features is super annoying, just pointing out the commercial realities involved.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

cerett

Thanks Nick. I would think that the H6D is their flagship camera. I hope it doesn't take too long.

boinger

I mean I don't mind waiting for additional features in terms of usability.

But things like basic level Technical camera support really should have been available on the camera at launch. I use a technical camera for my product photography, and I am currently unable to do so. I also turned in my old digital back because of the upgrade.

Sergo

Quote from: Roger Méndez on January 20, 2017, 06:56:33 AM
Hi Sergo, When I shoot tethered, the images are downloaded to the computer and appears in Phocus, thats no problem. The problem is when you shoot without being tethered, there is no way to find the camera connected where normally appears the camera on Phocus and you can't find the card. Thats the problem I have now. By the way, the Lexar CR2 card reader I bought is with thunderbolt connection. That might be the reason of it's price.

Hi Roger thank you for your answer , I do the same . Maybe you know from Sweden when they will fix the problem ?

Roger Méndez

Hi Sergo,

Really I have no idea. I heard that it was going to be arrange late autumn but as you can see there is no update now in march. Suppose we have to wait a bit more. Maybe Nick has more information, don't know.

cerett

Quote from: Roger Méndez on March 03, 2017, 09:30:32 AM
Hi Sergo,

Really I have no idea. I heard that it was going to be arrange late autumn but as you can see there is no update now in march. Suppose we have to wait a bit more. Maybe Nick has more information, don't know.
An earlier post said that a major firmware update would be coming in the first quarter of 2017. Must admit that I am getting somewhat impatient. I get the strong feeling that the company has devoted most of their time to the X1D. Frustrating.

NickT

I'm told we will see a firmware update in March, but I get the impression that it isn't going to fix everything only *some* things. :(

cerett

bdp

The most pressing thing for pro studio shooters is power over USB when tethered. I'm really hoping this is in the next firmware update. Or a few free batteries for everyone.

Ben

DJPixelMan

Quote from: cerett on March 03, 2017, 09:40:39 AM
Quote from: Roger Méndez on March 03, 2017, 09:30:32 AM
Hi Sergo,

An earlier post said that a major firmware update would be coming in the first quarter of 2017. Must admit that I am getting somewhat impatient. I get the strong feeling that the company has devoted most of their time to the X1D. Frustrating.

Like the rest of us, as they already have your money...what's the rush?  I am also a little miffed about this extended wait for features that were already in the H4. At this pathetic rate, my next MF upgrade probably won't be Hasselblad unfortunately.

NickT

I have been asking questions of Hasselblad as I think these delays are unacceptable and two new people have come back to me seeking more information on this issue, hopefully we will hear more next week. Stay tuned!

bdp

Hi Nick, thanks for your assistance with this. Do you mean two new people who work for Hasselblad? If so, that is encouraging that there are more or new people there who are listening and keen to fix these ongoing issues.

Ben

NickT

Hey Ben yes new people, there seem to be a few of them!