Promised and missing features of H6D firmware

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

This is a list of features (missing and promised) of current H6D cameras using latest firmware 1.12.0 (where Raw video and spirit level is available and thus is crossed in my list). Not sure if this is complete, but from my recollection and comparison of current HD6-100c and H5D-50c. Please feel free to add other items:

Missing features:

o   User profiles
o   Over-/underexposure warning on sound
o   Overexposure warning (,,Blinkies")
o   Histogramm on grip display
o   Spirit level
o   No power over USB 3.0
o   Reading of lens shutter and camera count
o   Enter of personal and IPTC information
o   Image ratings
o   Wifi only ad hoc (no login to existing network)

Promised Features (by official H letter to H6D shipment dated October 20, 2016):
o   Storage management
o   Profiles
o   Grey balance exposure
o   Raw Video
o   3FR Raw files compression
o   Technical camera support (flash sync and E-Shutters)
o   Image import from a tethered camera (not sure what that means; tethered import is working fine)
o   CF Lens adapter

Juerg

DJPixelMan

I'' beginning to think "pipe-dreams". Maybe in the H7?

boinger

I have had my camera for 6 months, and have been unable to use it on a tech camera one of the sole reasons I bought it. I have been pretty patient with hasselblad they said they would add tech camera support by 4th quarter. But it doesn't look like it will ever be added in a reasonable time frame. Now I am also out of the return period from the original place I bought it from. And I am simply sitting with a dead weight. It is pretty ridiculous to ship a camera with advertised features but not implement them for 1 year or more if ever.

Buddy

my dealer tells me that these items (see my list above) will come with next firmware update within first quarter of 2017.

cerett

Quote from: Buddy on January 09, 2017, 03:48:31 AM
my dealer tells me that these items (see my list above) will come with next firmware update within first quarter of 2017.

When I see it, I'll believe it. The dealers and even the regional managers don't seem to be a good source of reliable information. I think Hasselblad's focus at the moment is trying to fill existing orders, particularly for the X1D. Judging from what I'm reading on other forums, the persistent delays and broken promises have a lot of people upset.

NickT

I will be talking to Sweden in the next couple of days and will definitely be raising these issues.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Hi guys
I have spoken to Sweden and raised the issue of the H6D firmware. As you can imagine these are busy times (in a good way) for Hasselblad but the focus needs to come back on H6D (firmware) and I am told this is definitely the case.

I should find out more in the next week or so around timings for the new firmware, thanks are due to you all for your patience!

DJPixelMan

Roger Méndez

Thanks Nik!!. Hope if they are updating the firmware it would be great to have power supply through USB 3.0. This is for me the mayor problem as I am using 3 or 4 batteries a day  :o.

bdp

Quote from: Roger Méndez on January 11, 2017, 11:11:09 PM
Thanks Nik!!. Hope if they are updating the firmware it would be great to have power supply through USB 3.0. This is for me the mayor problem as I am using 3 or 4 batteries a day  :o.

+1 !!

Thanks from me too Nick!

Ben

NickT

Yes I made it very clear that power over USB needs to be a priority!

Sergo

I am not able to import images through my tethered h6 100c. Did someone face the same problem and has solved it ?
Sergo

Sergo

I am not able to import images through my tethered h6 100c but I'm able to capture pictures with the camera tethered. Did someone face the same problem and has solved it ? Many thanks .
Sergo

Roger Méndez

No way to import the images form the camera. Had to buy a card reader. Really expensive by the way.

Dan

This is the one I use

seems to work very well.

It is very very fast.

Lexar  CR1 Professional Workflow CFast 2.0 USB 3.0 Reader

It was $34.95