H4D-50MS problems

Previous topic - Next topic

Lahrk

Hello
I'm having problems shooting tethered and untethered with our H4D-50MS using Phocus 2.9.2 on an iMac OS X 10.9.5.

When tethered the camera is identified in Phocus but the capture settings are not available to control: no ISO, Aperture, Shutter, focus, or multi step controls.

Without the FireWire tether the camera back is not seeing the CF card. The back display indicates "No Media" in the upper right and displays "Error - Missing Calibration". The display on the handle grip indicate "Exposure not possible – check magazine" when pressing the shutter release.
I cleaned all component contacts, reformatted the CF card, and reset to default settings all to no effect.

The current firmware is 2.3.1/R366. I tried updating the firmware for both the camera back and camera body following the instructions but received an error message for the camera body. The camera back update completed but the version is still the old version.

Looks like I will be sending it in for service but wanted to check here for any other troubleshooting suggestions.

Regards,
Hal