Phase back with chip of H4D 40?

Previous topic - Next topic

benton1

Hi,

is there a phase back with the same chip as a H4D 40?

BR
Marcus

NickT

To the best of my knowledge no. The P40 has a different (lower ISO) chip.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Hassilistic

Hasselblad acquired IMACON, and PhaseOne did the same with Leaf.  The similarities appears only with the DALSA and SONY sensors.

benton1

Thank's for the info. I am just experimenting with H4 files in Capture One. I was just hoping some Phase icc profile might be somehow appropriate :-(

Alex

Quote from: benton1 on November 19, 2016, 09:26:32 AM
I was just hoping some Phase icc profile might be somehow appropriate :-(
You'd need to start from the beginning and build one from scratch methinks - SG Target & Basiccolor INput 5 makes profiles for integration within C1

Btw, I'm inquisitive to know how you are managing to open Hasselblad RAWs in C1 in the first place?

Alex

desertdiver

Quote from: benton1 on November 19, 2016, 09:26:32 AM
Thank's for the info. I am just experimenting with H4 files in Capture One. I was just hoping some Phase icc profile might be somehow appropriate :-(

That would be of interest for me as well.

Udo

benton1

I am using the way that was described here for Pentax files:

http://obsoquasi.ch/how-to-open-pentax-645z-dng-files-in-capture-one-pro/

It is not 100% convenient but works really fine. Although I am looking on how to get the colors correct. Sometimes everything looks quite fine and sometimes really weird. It would be just nice to convert the files I shoot with my Canon or my Fuji together with the H4.

I had a look into Argyll but if there is an easier way I would obviously go the other route ;-)

Hassilistic

Hi Marcus,

You can use any editing app you like, as you long as you understand which and what type of file format to import at each stage.  Pls see link thread here, and plenty more about processing DNG.in the forum : http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=4725.msg19398#msg19398

C1 is quite good, yet I do the same when it comes to my Canon files, I process the RAW in Phocus, save as TIFF and export to many External editors for multiple retouching and edits at each stage.

PS. for Fuji, there is only one External Editor you should be looking at, and that is Iridient Developer.  I also use it when I want the Maximum costume adjustment and tweaking possible of any software out there, not even PS comes close.

Bottom line: You are doing yourself a disservice by skipping Phocus.

Cheers