Spot removal in Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

bitzu0611@gmail.com

Dear all,
I am beginner in Phocus. I would like to ask you if dust removal tool could do a job as the spot removal in cam raw does? I tried and it looks like doesn't clone out, but maybe I don't know how to use it properly. That's why I have decided to ask you guys.

Thank you very much for your help,
Gabriela.

Mats E

Hi Gabriela,

if not already tried it, just drag the "Amount" handle a bit to the right and you will increase the impact as long as the radius is covering the dust you need to remove. I find it equally powerful as in LR or PS.

Good Luck.

/Mats
Mats

bitzu0611@gmail.com

Thanks Mat! I will try again. When I tried first, it didn't remove all the area, some of the image did stay, it had an effect like a fade.

Hassilistic

Hi Gabriela,

In Lightroom, Spot removal utilises 2 forms which you can set in the setting panel [Clone/Heal].  In Phocus Dust Removal is not used the same way (Per Sé) but rather takes care of those horrible specs of dust spread across the sensor image plane.

In any way, try increasing the radius a little more and see if that helps with the immediate dust removal, which should have happened automatically in the DAC process.  Ensure the white box in the Dust Removal Tap in Checked for the effect to take place.

Good luck