DNG export from Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

bitzu0611@gmail.com

Dear all,

Is there any way I could export from Phocus a DNG with the adjustments applied in Phocus included, embeded?

Thank you for your advice,
Gabriela.

bitzu0611@gmail.com

Hi back,
I found this post:
http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=4574.0

It looks like no way of including adjustments into a DNG file.

Hassilistic

Hi Gabriela,

I am sure you have seen the links and read the threads, however, I'll highlight the issue again clearly in a nutshell from an alternate angle.  DNG is another Camera RAW format like the many out there, what you are aiming to do is like converting your file from FFF to NEF (Nikon Raw).  It just doesn't work that way.. Or I should say, you are not meant to ...!  These RAW files are different from (Jpg, Tiff, Png, etc..) which are Image formats, RAW files are not Image Formats but rather contain all necessary information to form an image.

Choose TIFF 8bit if small size is what you are after, as far as RAW files are concerned, FFFR is far more superior in case you wanted to know.
or choose PSLayer file if you use Photoshop to edit directly.

Cheers,

Alex

Quote from: bitzu0611@gmail.com on November 11, 2016, 12:05:21 PM
It looks like no way of including adjustments into a DNG file.

Yep if you want proper DNG you have to start from Adobe's LR or ACR - which is kinda from the ground up - although there is a plugin for Lightroom to help make easier, but colour can be a bit of a struggle.
For Hasselblad I'd suggest storing both the FFF and the exported TIFFs as a prudent approach ATMO

Alex

bitzu0611@gmail.com