.fff file in Cam Raw Photoshop

Previous topic - Next topic

bitzu0611@gmail.com

Dear all,
I am contacting you for your advice regarding the workflow of raw file .fff from Hasselblad (H4D50 with hasselblack back) in Cam Raw - Photoshop.
I encounter difficulties on Cam Raw workflow. Those are: noise, moire, blow out pixels - definitely not the best quality of a Hasselblad raw file. When I open the .fff file in Cam Raw it looks like a bed jpg file, and if I try to higher the exposure, it blow up and green and red irrisation into the image.
I need your advice and suggestion regarding these.
Please let me know what is the best way of opening and adjsusting .fff file in Cam Raw. I work in CC 2015.
My client requires this workflow, it is a must, and I am out of solution: I worked out every single moire, DE haze, noise reduction on color, luminance, etc. And still such a low quality results.
Is there anything I can do for working at its best of .fff file in Cam Raw?
I also opened the .fff in Phocus and adjusted there. There is a huge difference between those two workflows (Phocus and Cam Raw).
Your suggestions and advices are welcome and highly appreciate.

Thank you all,
Gabriela.

Hassilistic

Hi Gabriela,

I just replied to your other post, so I'll just answer your other questions here so I don't repeat myself.
- Your Hasselblad shots 3FR files
- Your Phocus Imports and saves those files as 3F
- Your Phocus App then Applies the highly coveted DAC process to the 3F images giving you those perfect files you are trying to get in Cam Raw (which you won't)
- Your Phocus then exports this to TIFF 16bit which you can take to CAM RAW, and edit to hearts delight.

PS-  TIFF is a Wrapper Format, meaning the result is only as good as the file (compressed or Uncompressed) which it holds inside of it.  So if your 3F file is excellent, it will remain so, and Vice Verse.  TIFF has gotten a lot of bad rap undeservedly simply because users don't know how it works.

PSS- alternatively = Export from Phocus 3F to PSLayers and open in PS CC directly without Cam RAW
*If you edit 3F in Lightroom or Cam Raw directly you lose the DAC adjustments, that have been frustrating you from the start.  Thats the Trade Off! of not using Phocus.

Cheers,

bitzu0611@gmail.com