Hasselblad Apo

Previous topic - Next topic

anestesik

hi to all

this is my first post here :)

Im coming back to H after several mistakes, H is the system!!

so, I would like to know more about the H lens designs

Anyone know what exactly means Hasselblad when says " Digital Apochromatic Correction" ?

does the lenses are Apochromatic designs?

is an digital Apo technology or whatever??

does Hasselblad uses aspherical lenses, floating elements, and apo designs on their H line?

regards from Madrid and excluse my english

Pablo R

Miller

jerome_m

Quote from: anestesik on October 20, 2016, 11:48:21 PM
Anyone know what exactly means Hasselblad when says " Digital Apochromatic Correction" ?

I think that Hasselblad just writes "digital chromatic correction", meaning that lateral chromatic aberration is corrected automatically by Phocus (and my experience says that there is actually not much to correct).

Quoteare the lenses Apochromatic designs?

From an educated look at the optical diagrams: probably yes for the focal lengths needing it.

Quotedoes Hasselblad uses aspherical lenses, floating elements, and apo designs on their H line?

Floating elements: not really, but most lenses use internal focusing. An aspherical element is only used in the 35-90 zoom.

But: the questions you are asking are not really relevant to this kind of lenses. For example: aspherical elements are mainly relevant to 24x36 lenses, which are noticeably faster and are mainly used to save weight. Medium format lenses are relatively slow and quite heavy and bulky. The optical engineer simply uses more spherical elements to attain the same results.

Hasselblad HC lenses are generally extremely good. There is a section on this forum with tests and images. Hasselblad also publishes optical data for all their lenses.

NickT

The digital corrections are indeed amazing. The corrections are built on the design data for the lenses and take into account focus distance (which is measured in zones) and aperture. This means Hasselblad's corrections are much better than any other software. What is really impressive is the correction for the HTS which takes into account the degree of shift or tilt to compensate for distortion, AFAIK this is the only system that does this.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

anestesik

hi!

Thank you everyone for your answers.

i have found some websites wrong, titling Digital Apochromatic Correction, what makes me a confusion.

Hasseblad correct name is DAC, Digital Automatic Correction.

Since I ve tried some Apo Schneider on the Sinar, I have found there is a BIG quality improvement from this kind of designs, then I were interested in the Hasselblad desings.

Thanks for the pdf about the zoom, the only aspherical design. Hasselblad are very huge and heavy, probably using aspherical designs brings lighter desings, but too expensive for sure.

One thing I dont know, is why today there is no more carbon fiber technology on cameras/lenses. Probably them will be lighter, dont you think?

About the HTS Im very interested in, for stills in the studio. Faster than the Sinar. And for creative portraits or landscape corrections, I would like to find one with a cheap price, new is too much.

Thanks!

jerome_m

Quote from: anestesik on October 28, 2016, 03:08:46 AM
One thing I dont know, is why today there is no more carbon fiber technology on cameras/lenses. Probably them will be lighter, dont you think?

Glass lets more light through. ;)

OK: I am joking. But the reason has something to do with it: the heavier part of a lens is the glass. There is not much to be gained with composite lens barrels.