Phocus Wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

DenisM

An improved Dust Removal feature.

The existing one is very poor on a single file, and even worse when used as Batch Modify.

D.

bdp

CinemaDNG support.

This is the file that the H6 RAW video spits out, and it's crazy that you can't process the raws in Phocus. I have to do it in Lightroom, and it's an impossible to task to match the stills taken of the same shot. Lightroom does not produce the same relationships between colours.

Ben

DenisM

A small detail but an annoying one....

When Phocus is relaunched, the file tree (if that's the term) should remain open at its last folder - instead of having to dig down every time.

This is 2017, for heaven's sake. This kind of thing is taken as a given nowadays.

D.

DenisM

Ps.

Assuming the colour picker and white balance picker are single pixel (and even if they're not) I would like to be able to choose between 1x1, 3x3, 5x5 and 10x10 pixels.

Surely not a difficult thing to add to the software?

Thanks.

D.

NickT

Denis the pickers aren't single pixel but I can't remember the sample size, I'll see if I can find out, and yes selectable is on the wishlist.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Quote from: jhasselblad on February 17, 2017, 09:27:23 PM
I like to have a automatic button in Phocus to get an automatic rendering of the 3F files. Based on this default rendering I'm able to have later personal corrections. This could be helpful for my work flow.

Just seen this, do you mean automatically saving Tiffs out from RAW files?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Hassilistic

I don't know how many people have experienced this, but the new iPAD Pro is even more powerful than most rigged up laptops and computers now a days and I have found my self doing a lot of work on it thanks to Apps like Lr CC for IOS.

It would be beyond great if PHOCUS made its way over to IOS and what a platform it is.  I use my Stylus pen on Wacom tablet anyway and iPAD pro is not lacking in that area too, it is like using the on screen stylus.

Please make Phocus available on iPAD's, never mind other tablets, just focus on the ones that make you look good.

Cheers

Alex

Quote from: Hassilistic on October 24, 2017, 07:26:04 PM
Please make Phocus available on iPAD's, never mind other tablets,

+1

Even initially give us more functionality in the app - like compositioning grids in Liveview & Review, as well as the titling facility, white balance & compositional tools: kinda like it's a drag having the potential control-ability of the iPad, but having to keep walking back over to the laptop/computer setup by the camera often over at the end of the studio.
The app is a remote control - it'd be great to have more control that we can use remotely away from the camera/computer :-)

Alex

Hassilistic

PHOCUS IOS App this would represent the best time ever for, IOS11+Folder features+powerful tablets .... simply there is no better time for this.
Additionally I would even buy that App in the event it is not free.  I am giving the folks at HQ an incentive  ;)

hugenoot

Please fix the Exposure slider if I choose a self made preset. Only after reloading the image it shows the correct exposure setting, but not when I choose a preset...

Juan Pascual Garrido

Hi, and, like in LR, the tool to Split Tone for Highlights and Shadows?
Thanks!

BradP

Here are a few more -

* Better highlight recovery.  The current recovery slider is exceptionally good, but only up to about 35%.  Beyond that it typically is useless to me and I export to LR or CR. Phocus is pretty far behind most other raw converters here. 

* Something like the white and black sliders in Lightroom - essentially another way to compress the shadows and highlights that is more aggressive at the extremes and has the capability to move otherwise pure white or black pixels toward the mid tones.  This is particularly helpful outdoors.

* Luminosity and color masking selections in the new mask panel.  This is something Lightroom just implemented that previously had been available only manually or through some plugins in Photoshop.  These are extremely powerful tools at least for single image processing.  Personally this is a major part of my workflow and now that it is in Lightroom I expect everyone will want it.  Who knows.  See https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks2-1i9YVR4 for an illustration. It would be great to have this ability to manipulate undemosaiced data. 

* A box to tick that changes curves to adjust only for luminosity (as in LAB color space), but have no impact on saturation (as one can get in photoshop).

BradP

I'd add holo-less deconvolution sharpening.  Something like Topaz or Perfect Focus do in their sharpening plugins (there are many others).  That would be an awesome thing to have inside a raw converter and fix so many problems particularly for images that are displayed in larger formats and really be an immediate boon for Phocus as a raw conversion platform.

Alex

Quote from: Brad Paulson on January 13, 2018, 10:45:32 AM
I'd add holo-less deconvolution sharpening.  Something like Topaz or Perfect Focus do in their sharpening plugins (there are many others).

Halo-less deconvolution
+1 Absolutely!

nainmaslun

After being working with C1 for a long time, the most important thing that I miss is a GOOD highlights recovery. Even Lightroom's recovery can't compare to the C1 recovery. It's exact and doesn't affect the whole image, it's intelligent recovery.

That's the one feature that will change everything to me, because it will change even the in camera workflow.

Thanks!