Phocus Wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

jerome_m

Quote from: NickT on October 19, 2016, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: jerome_m on October 16, 2016, 11:12:52 PM

3: A way to quickly copy settings between images would be nice. At present, I can export the presets from one image and apply that preset to a second one. In Apple Aperture, I could "lift" the presets, select the ones I wanted to copy and "stamp" images with it. That was very convenient.

Jerome this already exists using the "modify" command or am I missing something?

OK. I checked, and I realised I should have spent more time to learn how to use "adjustments" in Phocus. It is not very intuitive, but probably it is more powerful than what I know.

Quote from: NickT on October 19, 2016, 11:00:21 AM
Quote from: jerome_m on October 16, 2016, 11:12:52 PM
4: Some way to put the images of different projects in different directories. Phocus lacks a database function, but I understand that Hasselblad does not want to rewrite Lightroom. At present, one is supposed to give a unique project name to imported pictures. One can use directories, but the ergonomics are not very good. It should be relatively easy to simply allow one to create new directories from Phocus and let the user put the imports from a given project in them.

I hope I'm not missing something...In the main window you can see your folder structure, create new folders and drag images to those new folders, is that what you mean?

Not really, no.

I tried what you suggested (I did not realise it was possible...) and it does not do what I want. It just copies the fff file to the pointed directory. What I suggested was more like a simpler way to define a new capture folder, so that imports from a new project will directly go under a new import folder.

Miller

Jerome,

I think what you are looking for is in the Job panel, where you can choose a capture folder?
Also, in the Import panel you can choose a destination folder?

NickT

Quote from: jerome_m on October 20, 2016, 05:48:16 AM

What I suggested was more like a simpler way to define a new capture folder, so that imports from a new project will directly go under a new import folder.
Again, I hope I've got this right.

In the main window right click on the destination drive and choose "New Folder". In the dialogue that comes up, give the folder a name and check "Use as capture destination". Does that help?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jerome_m

Quote from: NickT on October 20, 2016, 04:15:09 PM
In the main window right click on the destination drive and choose "New Folder". In the dialogue that comes up, give the folder a name and check "Use as capture destination". Does that help?

That is indeed a solution. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

NickT

Quote from: jerome_m on October 21, 2016, 05:06:06 AM
That is indeed a solution. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

No need for an apology, if there's one thing I have learnt her the years it's that everybody does things slightly differently and what might seem perfectly obvious to one person can be a complete surprise to another. the more we ask questions the more we learn right?

Alastair Bird

Quote from: NickT on October 19, 2016, 11:26:29 AM
Quote from: Alastair Bird on October 18, 2016, 12:02:17 PM
I would like to be able to export multiple versions of single files and have Phocus re-name them. Right now it asks if you want to overwrite the file or cancel. A 'unique filename' would be great.

Al could you accomplish this using "Additional output" in the Export window?

Hi Nick, I could do, but the additional output doesn't allow for a pre-set structure then a modifier. Currently, I save out my files with a pre-set structure. I would love to save out other processed files to the same folder, with all the same structure (Jobname_001.tif or whatever it is) but with a modifier. (Job name_001_1.tif) or something like that so I could go in afterwards and rename it 'darker' or 'lighter' or 'deep shadow' or whatever.

If I change my pre-set structure for the single image I have to remember to go back and set it to my preferred structure or I'll end up with all kinds of mis-named files.

NickT

Quote from: Alastair Bird on October 21, 2016, 09:06:49 AM
so I could go in afterwards and rename it 'darker' or 'lighter' or 'deep shadow' or whatever.

Wouldn't it be easier to batch rename the files in Phocus (modify/rename) to job_Serial number .Then individually click on the file name under the thumbnail (it will highlight) then tap right arrow to go to end of existing file name and ad "darker"?

Does that help?

Roger Méndez

Hi,

I think that an PSB format would be great as when you export on PSD format photoshop only supports up to 2GB and PSB can go up much further.

Roger.

Alastair Bird

Quote from: NickT on October 21, 2016, 09:21:17 AM
Quote from: Alastair Bird on October 21, 2016, 09:06:49 AM
so I could go in afterwards and rename it 'darker' or 'lighter' or 'deep shadow' or whatever.

Wouldn't it be easier to batch rename the files in Phocus (modify/rename) to job_Serial number .Then individually click on the file name under the thumbnail (it will highlight) then tap right arrow to go to end of existing file name and ad "darker"?

Does that help?

It does help. Thanks.

But here is something that I just recently discovered and love in LR - when you mouse over a value you can change it with the arrow keys - it's quick to go from value to value - just put the pointer overtop of the window and then up or down with the arrow keys to make changes. That would be great.

Also - a way to zero the sliders would also be great. I can never remember what the default is on those. Again, in LR you double-click on the name and goes to zero. Very handy.

NickT

Al those are great ideas. I shall pass them on.

Alex

Any chance of a tool for evaluating and removing Purple Fringing - like in LR or C1?
It does pop up occasionally with high contrast edges (along with that pre sharpening):

Thanks

jsinal

Export to .psb layers, please! it is pretty easy to go above 2Gb (max PSD size) with a few layered H100c files.

Alex

Overhaul on the sharpening in general - deconvolution sharpening, halo suppression, diffraction compensation & of course being able to completely turn it off.

jhasselblad

I like to have a automatic button in Phocus to get an automatic rendering of the 3F files. Based on this default rendering I'm able to have later personal corrections. This could be helpful for my work flow.

eyedear

Could hasselblad standardize the keyboard shortcut on both Mac and Windows to follow current convention. One example the highlight shortcut on windows is Ctrl-h but on the Mac it's Ctrl+cmd+h which is non standard and also there are shortcuts that is on windows such as ctrl+t which chance the layout to portrait
I hope they can change this soon