Phocus Wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

jsinal

I would like the Shadows slider to be refined. If you crank it past 20, there are halos around the darker objects. Keystone would be nice. More options in Layers. In the Color Correction menu, when it picks a color (blue sky, for example), it seems to select very few pixels, so that when you change the slider only those very specific colors change. So, for a blue a sky it does a very rough job if you are making a less than minor change. Also, in the Color Correction menu, it would be helpful to have corresponding numbers besides the Hue, saturation and lightness sliders. Lightroom does a great job in these areas but Lightroom doesn't cut it compared to Phocus, especially for long exposures. Capture One is pretty awesome for color correction, too.
Great to hear Hasselblad is listening.

Alex

Hi Nick,

That's great news - I'm sure it'd make our work a lot easier and quicker   :)

Phocus Wishlist (as of 3.0.4)

Tethering:

•   Focus Stacking – for Single & Multi / Microshot variations (Helicon remote).
•   Retain "Mirror Up" after exposure – Currently not available with Multishot variations.
•   Live View – (variable sensitivity) Focus Peaking.
•   Live View – Grid lines not disappearing when at 100%.
•   Live View – Larger area of view when at 100%.
•   Support for controlling the Microshift (16x) cameras – they are Hasselblad's cameras.
•   Flash Delay mode (fully working).
•   Focusing doughnut still working at Half-baked size on Windows.
•   Gyroscope / Spirit Level shown on monitor when using Live view.
•   Phocus Mobile App - for these listed facilities to be accessible through it.

Processing:

•   Inclusion of CIE L.a.b. control within: EV, Brightness, Saturation & Curves (instead of / as well as RGB).
•   User definable workspace colour/brightness
•   Customisable & Resizable Job Info tab: to allow for easier viewing & naming of (long) file names.
•   Neutralisation Tool - Variable sample size.
•   Neutralisation Tool – Options of neutralising colour temperature Raw file before processing, or after applied processing (eg: use of colour temp layers): Useful for mixed colour lighting.
•   Sharpening & Noise reduction – Capacity to turn off completely – the only workaround ATMO is to export the files as DNG to force them to be stripped – not very good. Or: More fine control  / less harsh – IOW - Updated to cater for the high resolution cameras that use Phocus.
•   Keystone & Volume Deformation correction (DXO Viewpoint)
•   Adjustment layers – Clarity & Curves (Lab or RGB).
•   Adjustment Layers – copy and apply them to other images using the Modify tool rather than always having to create a preset and reload it to each requiring image.
•   Option to Edit In/Edit With – C1 & LR give the option for raw files to be processed in other software before exporting.
•   Scene Calibration – Update on colour cast correction (esp. in highlights).
•   Dust removal tied in with Scene Calibration – In allowing for multiple calibrations and targeting different levels of focus, one can make both flat field corrections (targeting large general areas), as well as identifying dust spots (targeting smaller details), and removing in one go - rather than having to painstakingly go around and manually edit each one – see C1 - Raw Therapee does it even better.
•   Lens corrections – Since 2.9 (Repro Mode: this version will provide better accuracy when it comes to colors that are close to being neutral), unfortunately since then inaccurate colour casts have started occurring in images and it is most noticeable in those that have neutrally lit and uniformly coloured bright (230+) surfaces, not always possible & incredibly laborious to do scene calibrations before every image made.
•   Lens Corrections – Update CA lens corrections – currently they're looking better in LR atmo..
•   Exporting – selected images into a PSB Stack – PSD's 2GB limit is too limiting.
•   Exporting – updated DNG (currently vers 1.0.0?), to include scene calibrations & lens corrections.
•   Colour Calibration - allowance for Spectral & XYZ reference data to be used in profile making.

jsinal

I forgot to mention this one: The ability to create a virtual copy would be great.

Alastair Bird

I would like to be able to export multiple versions of single files and have Phocus re-name them. Right now it asks if you want to overwrite the file or cancel. A 'unique filename' would be great.

Have an option of changing how much the 'shift' key alters changing values in Phocus. For instance, arrow keys change the exposure by .01 of a stop; holding down the shift key changes by .1 of a stop. I would love .1 and .33, like LR.

NickT

You'll be pleased to hear that quite a few of the requests here have already been implemented for 3.1. I am passing the rest on for 3.2!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Quote from: jerome_m on October 16, 2016, 11:12:52 PM

3: A way to quickly copy settings between images would be nice. At present, I can export the presets from one image and apply that preset to a second one. In Apple Aperture, I could "lift" the presets, select the ones I wanted to copy and "stamp" images with it. That was very convenient.

Jerome this already exists using the "modify" command or am I missing something?

NickT

Quote from: jerome_m on October 16, 2016, 11:12:52 PM
4: Some way to put the images of different projects in different directories. Phocus lacks a database function, but I understand that Hasselblad does not want to rewrite Lightroom. At present, one is supposed to give a unique project name to imported pictures. One can use directories, but the ergonomics are not very good. It should be relatively easy to simply allow one to create new directories from Phocus and let the user put the imports from a given project in them.

I hope I'm not missing something...In the main window you can see your folder structure, create new folders and drag images to those new folders, is that what you mean?

NickT

Quote from: HughGilbert on October 15, 2016, 11:16:39 PM
A focus indicator whe tethered...especially for those of us doing reproduction photography

Hugh

Hi Hugh
When in Live video click in the main viewer to get the live focus feature, you can drag the focus donut around within that zoomed view.

NickT

Quote from: jsinal on October 17, 2016, 09:33:29 AM
In the Color Correction menu, when it picks a color (blue sky, for example), it seems to select very few pixels, so that when you change the slider only those very specific colors change. So, for a blue a sky it does a very rough job if you are making a less than minor change.

In the colour correction wheel, once you have sampled a colour in the image you get a slice showing which colours you will be adjusting, if you click and drag the edges of the "slice" you van increase/decrease the range of colours affected.
Hope that makes sense.

NickT

Quote from: Alastair Bird on October 18, 2016, 12:02:17 PM
I would like to be able to export multiple versions of single files and have Phocus re-name them. Right now it asks if you want to overwrite the file or cancel. A 'unique filename' would be great.

Al could you accomplish this using "Additional output" in the Export window?

bdp

Hi Nick,

So when do we see 3.1?

Ben

NickT

Ben it's in the last final candidate so should be very close.

bdp

Alex

Quote from: NickT on October 19, 2016, 10:54:17 AM
You'll be pleased to hear that quite a few of the requests here have already been implemented for 3.1. I am passing the rest on for 3.2!

Cool, thanks for the update; this's good news!

DJPixelMan

Just downloaded 3.1:

Yes, yes, yes, the Adjustment histogram triangles have been fixed!!
Thank you!!!