H6D-50C to 100C

Previous topic - Next topic

cerett

I would be interested in hearing from people who took advantage of the generous Hasselblad offer to purchase an H6D-50c now and then trade-up to the 100c when available for $7000. I went ahead and did this in early August to at least have something to work with. I have a feeling that those who took this pathway are in the back of the line to receive the 100c. No proof, just a feeling. If true, I would have never selected this option. Can anyone speak to this one way or another?

davidthescot

Hi

I have just placed an upgrade order (£6000 plus taxes) with a delivery estimate of one month from my very reputable London dealer.  I am happy with the H6 body but have been swayed by the very glowing reports appearing for this sensor in the Phase One body.  Let's see what happens.

davidthescot

Just been advised that the upgrade offer (H6D-50C to H6D-100C) is priced at £5000 plus VAT in the UK but the offer expires on the 31st October.  This is a very good deal if you already have the latest 50C

cerett

Yes, I am aware of this. I placed my upgrade order on August 2 and personally sent the form to Hasselblad USA (and my dealer). I am bit upset about not having received my 100C and no delivery date on the near horizon.

cerett

Still no concrete answer as to when I might receive my 100C upgrade. I have contacted Hasselblad USA directly and still cannot get a definite answer. It has now been over three months. I am reluctant to use the 50C very much knowing that I will eventually be sending it back in.

DJPixelMan

Lol..just use it! It is a beautiful camera! I was going to upgrade to the 100..but with all of the firmware bits still missing in the 50, I decided another £6000 or so may just be a waste of money. Love my H6-50, and the quality is good enough for me.

Roger Méndez

I've ordered 100c from ending of September here in Spain giving in an older model Hasselblad and and still no news about it. My dealer says that there is no problem with the offer. Is there anyone else still waiting for this camera?? For those that have one, any problems with it using the Phocus 3,1 tethered??

cerett

Perhaps NickT has some insight as to what is going on here? Nick?

Mats E

I ordered my upgrade sometime back in April or May and received the new H6D-100 a couple of weeks ago. The delay I guess was entirely due to the supply problems of the sensor after the unfortunate earthquake in Japan. After the last update of the firmware, this camera is delivering stunning files as expected from a sensor and that has the "right" physical size without any cropping. For me that is more important than the pixel count as already the 50c is delivering excellent files.
Mats

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano