MacOS Sierra and Phocus..:( wont't work

Previous topic - Next topic

nickfranken

It hangs at startup...what now? Hasselblad is alway ;ate with updates. The tethering modus in iOS10 also doesn't work anymore :(

Cirillo

I've got a mac pro late 2013 and it works, but there are some issues  - navigator's not working at all (kind of mosaic instead).

bpersons

Late 2013 macbook pro, latest sierra, phocus 3.1  .   Hangs on startup.   Tried deleting and reinstalling,  deleting config files in Library etc, no luck.   

This combo was actually working well for a few weeks, so I'm not sure what's changed.   

brian

I am using a Mac Os Sierra 10.12.1 with Phocus 3.0.1 and a H4D/50 back on a Sinar arTec Technical camera. The back gets power from Phocus but the images just don't get recorded at all. Help :-\

PS. I upgraded Phocus to 3.1 and it now seems to be working.

brian

I am using a Mac Pro mid 2010 using Sierra 10.12.1 and Phocus 3.1 and it freezes on opening - any fixes for this problem? I am using a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB graphics card. The software does not crash but I get the perpetual beachball!

Strangely Phocus 3.1 works fine with Sierra 10.12.1 on my Mac Book Pro mid 2014

Could this be a graphics card problem?

Dagmar_L

WIndows 7 computer and another with Windows 8 - Phocus 3.1 - was working OK, but suddenly on both computers thumbnails went completely black.
Even older sessions, which were visible properly - now I see a bunch of black tails as thumbnails.

NickT

Quote from: brian on November 13, 2016, 09:29:31 AM
I am using a Mac Pro mid 2010 using Sierra 10.12.1 and Phocus 3.1 and it freezes on opening - any fixes for this problem?
Strangely Phocus 3.1 works fine with Sierra 10.12.1 on my Mac Book Pro mid 2014

This is happening on *some* machines with Sierra and involves mobile access. Workaround for now is to delete your prefs. user/library/preferences/dk.hasselblad.phocus.plist
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

brian

Yes this works - Phocus 3.1 is up and running - many thanks :)

NickT

Update: 3.1.1 (out soon) will fix this in the mean time it will not be possible to use mobile on affected machines.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Myke Yeager

I was having the issue of Phocus not working Sierra.
The guy at Hasselblad walked me through the process. Its simple and no need to go back to El capitan.

Close Phocus.
Go to Finder at the top hit Go. Then hold the Alt key.
Select Library then open the Preferences folder.
Now find the file named DK.Hasselblad.Phocus.Plist. (put this file in the trash) Empty trash
restart phocus then you are good to go.
You can run first aid just to make sure it's running ok. Just in case.

Worked for me and saved me a trip to the apple store.

eyedear

i have installed it. its still very unstable. it crashes upon quitting the application. Using it as a tethered solution is total shit. i will get around 10 shot before you get failed captures. I am on a H4D-50 i don't know whose fault is it. is it apple software or the Phocus software is so unstable you cannot even work with it. i am very frustrated. i am on a MacBook pro retina 2012 model. it really sucks you can use the software to tether.