H6D firmware update - when oh when?

Previous topic - Next topic

ganesh

As I found out, the shot count can't be viewed at the moment, but it will be added with a future firmware upgrade.  :(
Anyone knows, if shutter count information could be found in the Efix data of raws taken with the lens in question?

/ best,
ganesh

davidthescot

New firmware has been posted with some nice improvements - the spirit level is back and you can pan across the image in live view to check critical focus before taking the shot.

Alex

Quote from: davidthescot on October 27, 2016, 04:28:47 AM
the spirit level is back

Hi David, Can you "user" calibrate it in both orientations?

Ta,

Alex

ganesh

Added functionality for H6D-50 Compared to v1.5.x:
• RAW Video
• Spirit level support
• Pan in live view - 100% resolution focus aid
• Improved startup time
• Improved camera stability (many system errors have been fixed)
• Improved SD card robustness a lot!
• Various language improvements
• Improved tethered stability
• Improved user interface functionality and stability

Added functionality for H6D-100 Compared to v1.8.x:
• Spirit level support
• Possible to record H.264 on SD card (was disabled on v1.8 because of SD problems)
• Pan in live view - 100% resolution focus aid
• Improved camera stability (many system errors have been fixed)
• Improved startup time
• Improved SD card robustness a lot! Now possible to record h.264 video on SD cards.
• Various language improvments
• Improved tethered stability
• Improved user interface functionality and stability
October 20, 2016

bdp

Yay, Raw video! But boo, no power over usb...  >:(

Ben

DJPixelMan

Still no profiles or manual white balance measurement. But, at least the spirit level is back..thank you!

bdp

Is Live Video in Phocus broken for anyone else after this update? It works once, but when you stop it and try to start again, the screen is just black.... same if you try to zoom in for focus.

Ben

PeterDorr

Damn, I just upgraded the FW to 1.12.0 and now my camera is in a lock.
It informed me that the FW upgrade was succesfull and I had to reinsert the battery, which I did.
When I start the camera, the small LCD screen tells me it is in f8, 1/250 etc but has the hourglass. I cannot take a picture.
The back however only shows f1.0 and 1.0 sec with no further options and when I touch the screen of the digital back, the small light turns red and nothing works anymore, camera completely freezes.

So I took the whole system apart (Lens, VF, Battery, Back) but no luck.
There is no way I can redo the FW or revert back to an older version.

Anybody a clue how to fix this without having to drive back and forth to the dealer??
thnx

Elmardam

try to flash an older firmware.. this way communications between body and back will be 'reset'
photography is art.

PeterDorr

Thanks but I cannot (re)flash anymore.
It will no longer read the card, nor communicate with the back :-(

jerome_m

Quote from: PeterDorr on November 08, 2016, 09:00:38 AM
Anybody a clue how to fix this without having to drive back and forth to the dealer??

You can try to connect the back alone (no camera, no card) to your computer and see whether it accepts to be re-flashed with Phocus then. If not, I'm afraid it is time to send it back to Göteborg.

PeterDorr

You can try to connect the back alone (no camera, no card) to your computer and see whether it accepts to be re-flashed with Phocus then. If not, I'm afraid it is time to send it back to Göteborg

Nop, there is no power on the USB port :-(

jerome_m

You can try to connect the back alone (no camera, no card) to your computer... and to a 12V power supply, then.

mharvey65

I notice that the current firmware on the Hasselblad website is 1.12.0 for the H6D 50 + 100.

My camera arrived from Sweden 2 weeks ago and the firmware is saying v 1.5.2-3631

Can anyone say if this is a newer or older version than that on the website?

Many thanks,

Michael
Hasselblad H4D50-ms
Hasselblad H3D-39 mk2
Phocus 2.6.5
iMac 27" 2012
OSx 10.7.2

DJPixelMan

Kinda looks like an old version to me. Download the one on the web..I'm sure that it won't let you "upgrade" to an older version..