XMP file created by Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat

I would like to develop my photos (taken with Hasselblad V system and CFV 50C) with Phocus and then import the results in Adobe Lightroom. But Lightroom ignores all the changes done by Phocus in FFF files and Phocus does not create an XML/XMP metadata file. Why does Hasselblad not support the XML/XMP standard?

NickT

I guess they thought no one would ever adopt that workflow? They do create side car files for Canon/Nikon stuff but not as you say FFFs.
I think one issue is that a lot of what Phocus does to the RAW is proprietary so perhaps they don't want to write that to an open standard? What I do is do the major edits in Phocus (with lens corrections etc enabled) and then export a tif which is then imported into Lightroom...
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Hassilistic

Hi Hat,

You maybe going about this the wrong way!  You have 2 choices:

1- Simply start editing & adjusting your RAW files straight in PS or LR, though it is not recommended as you will lose the benefits of the DAC process in Phocus to correct your lenses errors and present you the best file.

2- Do your Adjustments and Edits in Phocus (I myself have found as of late that such things as Sharpening & Moire removal in Phocus is second to none).  After which I EXPORT my files either in TIFF16 to LR or PSLayers to PS CC for Retouching.  You adjustments will be there.  But do not re-edit RAW files again in LR or PS.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Miller

In order to support the XML/XMP standard Hasselblad would have to convert all Phocus adjustments to Lightroom/ACR adjustments.
For some adjustments that is perhaps possible, for others likely not.
They have worked together with Adobe to improve Lightroom/ACR conversions of Hasselblad files. I think it is unrealistic to expect more. The one big advantage of a propriety raw converter is that it is aimed at the best conversion possible, by all means available.