Camera will not start up at desired F stop shutter speed

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveM

Hi,
Hopefully this is so easy that I look like a newbie — since I shoot on location all of the time, I turn off the camera (5D 50c wi-fi) from location to location within the building. When I start the camera up — it seems to start up at whatever F stop / shutter speed combination it wants to. When I shot with the H3D, it always started at the F stop / shutter speed setting that I turned it off at.

I've been through every setting on the camera that's possible and I'm not sure what I could be overlooking here. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance.

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

SteveM

That is not tethered to the computer — but with wi-fi on. After playing with this for the last two hours I discovered if wi-fi is "off", the camera restarts to the last known F Stop/Shutter combination. I have plenty of batteries, hence I always leave wifi on for a quick connection to my IPad. It's still a mystery as to why I can not achieve this with wifi on. Any ideas? That you in advance!

NickT

I wonder if it reverts to whatever setting are on the iPad each time if the wireless is on?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

SteveM

Basically — anything to do with wifi reverts the camera F Stop to F/4 and random shutter speeds after on/off/on. I've tried many combinations, saving a new profile, turning off camera first, IPad first. The IPad reverts to whatever the camera is currently set at. Shooting architecture, I am at F/11 all day, ouch.

The next experiment will include camera configuration settings in Phocus. Wish me luck!