External Power for H5D60 Back

Previous topic - Next topic

DBF

is it possible to connect an external Power-Source (Battery) to the DC (12 - 24Volt) Jack in the Bottom of the Back while the Back is mounted on the H-Body?
Or is it only allowed to do so, when the Back is mounted on a other Camera?

I want the Battery Grip last longer, so that  I have to buy not so many of these - Price :( :( . I am sometimes "out in the Nature" for several Days without Possibility to charge a Battery.
I want to use a external Power Bank that can be charged with Solar Energy.

I wrote the Question to HB in Göteborg - but got no Answer.

jerome_m

I am not so sure that the grip will last longer when an external battery is connected. OTOH, Hasselblad has a power grip adapter to connect to an external 7,5V power source:
http://static.hasselblad.com/2014/11/uk_dc_power_grip_v2.pdf

"In addition, the conventional Dc plug on the grip also allows a direct connection to a suitable matching power pack (7.5 VDc / 6 a ) without the need for the transformer, for the optimum in  flexibility."

DBF

Thanks for Your Response.
I have that DC-Grip and use it to connect a Battery. That works.

What I need to know is: is it allowed to use the DC-Jack on the Back, while it is attached to the Body or will something be destroyed?
If I get sure Information, that it is allowed, I will measure the current that flows to the Back and to the Body.

jerome_m

I had a look at the H5D manual. Apparently, the bottom power port will only be used when the back is not mounted on a camera.

anestesik

i think batteries is the best choice for travel

have you considered the CR123 grip? is very useful, just buy a lot of batteries..

DBF

A lot of Batteries is not good to transport.

I asked H. via E-Mail. I recieved Information from H. Rep. that I should work - but he is not sure and will ask again in Sweden.
That was three Months ago.
Good Support? >:(
I only want to know, if I can try it without making Damage and see if it works.

If they read here - please a simple Answer!!

Hassilistic

I second Anestesic reply, CR123 grip, instead of several batteries though, use rechargeable ones, which you should be able to work perfectly with your solar power.

Ralf Mueller

Are you sure about the CR123 grip? As far as i know HB discourages from using it starting with the H4D since newer backs eat
more power. Even for the H3DII-31 and H3DII-39 it was only considered as a safety backup to take few more shots.

I'd definitely try this before going remote.

Regards,
Ralf

Simon Bran

Hi when i first had my ms39 back, I started to have problems and I was told not to use rechargeable battery's in the CR123 grip as they 'have a different out put to the standard battery' ? any way all went back to normal when I stopped using them, I don't know if that's still a problem with the newer backs or not, but check it out if you do use them
all the best Simon.

Hassilistic

Thanks Simon, didn't know that about using rechargeable batteries !!

Simon Bran

nether did I, and i had checked the manual first and there was no mention of the problem in the section on the battery grip, but they were aware that there was a issue, shame they didn't mention it in the manual.... i have still go those battery's as they don't fit any thing else : -)