Power loss on the H6D

Previous topic - Next topic

davidthescot

I don't know if this is a bug or a fault and I wonder if anyone else has experienced it.  I have lost power to the back on a few occasions after a firmware update and after tethered capture.  The camera body is still showing functionality and the battery is sound but the back is down with a red LED showing.  It is cured by removing the battery and reinstalling.  Looks like a firmware glitch to me.

bdp

Hi David,

I haven't seen this, but admittedly I've only used mine for one full day's shoot. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix it. I've also heard it will add a spirit level, among other things. I'm really hoping it will add the option to draw power from the USB cable, because I chewed through two batteries in half a day. Lucky I have a DC grip.

Ben

davidthescot

Thank you.  It is odd that it keeps happening - I had a similar problem early on with an HD3-39 but, as you say, a firmware upgrade will solve it.

DJPixelMan

Yep, I had that too. Had to remove the battery to clear the error.
Glad to hear that the spirit level will be added back, I found that quite useful on my H4D-40. Hopefully the traffic light acceptance level indicator will also be added back. Petty, but as a quick check, I found it useful.