Interior Photography

Previous topic - Next topic

Hassilistic

Jerome - was referring to the Nodal Point which removes the parallax effect, when rotated on its point it enables free distortion stitching in post processing.

Nick - meant to say RRS (http://www.reallyrightstuff.com) they have an adapter for almost any camera make.  However, personally I use Manfrotto just like Jerome, specifically the Manfrotto 303 QTVR Panoramic Head

I am providing 2 sample images to showcase panning without using the nodal point but rather straight on the pan head, the first Pano MR3 is a success, the other Pano MR4 failed (although the distortion is easily correctable in photoshop).  Pano MR2 only shows how small the meeting room was and why we needed to pan in the first place.  The camera had to be placed at the door edge, technically out of the room, as I have found that panning beyond 90˚ had adverse effects, but anything below that was easily manageable .

The reason Pano MR3 worked was because I rotated vertically and took 3 shots, while Pano MR4 is made up of 2 picture shot horizontally.   Lens used was HCD28mm.  I wanted to make sure that the lettering on the bench chair appear in the photo.

Please remember these are for demo purposes only, and not finished or edited properly in any way.

You can Pan with Hasselblad just as with any other system however the Hassy is far better in so many ways:
- Edge to edge sharpness, and the HCD 28mm is a no brainer choice when needing to get done fast, with limited distortion and corrected by the DAC.
- HTS stitching is bullet proof, yields more effective results with different lenses though.  From my personal experience HC35, HC50 and above require no additional post processing correction work when stitching on the HTS.
- HTS + HCD24mm should be mated together always in my opinion and while adding stitching to the mix to make up for the loss in wideness.  That said both are superior choices.

The Nodal Point for each lens I am afraid you will have to figure out for yourself using a very simple exercise, their is plenty of white papers online on the subject.  In the old days we would mark the L bracket with a label for each lenses nodal point to avoid remeasuring every single time.

Cheers

NickT

Great post, thanks for sharing!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Chris Gahran

Thank you, excellent post.

Chris