Phocus 3

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Bran

QuoteJust following on from your comment Simon...I too am having problems with 4-shot capture with 3.0.2. Exactly same symptom...upon firing of the 2nd exposure of the 4-shot process the camera just goes off continuously firing at a rate of approx 1 exposure per second until I crash the process by removing the tether cable and removing the camera battery. I am forced to go back to v2.9.2 for all 4-shot captures.
Did you find a solution?
Certainly v3.0.2 did not solve the problem for me.
Another curious thing is that single shot captures come through to the computer twice as fast if I expose by the camera button rather than by the Phocus capture button ???

Grant

HD3II 39MS, MacPro(late2013) 64GB RAM, El Capitan 

Hi Grant, no i didn't, since then I have upgraded the os to El Capitan and the problems were the same, the computer running the camera has Phocus down graded to v3.00 with which the 4 shot works ok. there are other issues like the mirror up button not all ways working. and the fire wire dropping out and " camera errors' and  kernal panics which I have not had for a long time.
I very rarely fire the camera from the body so I haven't noticed the difference in speed, and if i do i am usually walking back to the computer to check the results, so would not notice the difference.
I have spoken/ emailed Hasselblad about the issues, but they haven't come back with a reply, even after chasing them up they haven't responded. It feels like they are trying to ignore you because they don't have a answer and hope you will go away. so I assume we will have to wait for the next update and hope it solves the problems 
I also asked, and have asked before, if they will update the camera firmware so the 4 shot can be used on a view camera with the newer sinar/ rodenstock shutters  (I had a horseman shutter but it died) and again i have never got an answer.

bdp

3.0.3 is out - mentions .3FV (RAW video) -> CinemaDNG export. This must mean a firmware update for the H6 cameras that allows RAW video is imminent. Exciting!

PhotoKratky

Quote from: bdp on September 01, 2016, 08:57:06 PM
3.0.3 is out - mentions .3FV (RAW video) -> CinemaDNG export. This must mean a firmware update for the H6 cameras that allows RAW video is imminent. Exciting!
Interesting - for the last two or three days all I can see in the Phocus download area on Hasselblad.com is the Manual...

bdp

Tethering is noticeably faster with the H6 with 3.0.3

Hassilistic

Is anyone here running Phocus 3.0.3 on Yosemite OS.  I noticed no complaints from the Yosemite Camp?

GrantRH

Hi all esp Simon Bran who is also having this issue. This is in regards to the bug where tethered multi-shot H3D cameras go into continuous firing resulting in a failed capture with Phocus 3.0.1 to 3.0.4.
Hasselblad are aware of the bug and will address it in an upcoming version release.
In the meantime the workaround is to set the flash delay to 4sec or less. This seems to solve the issue for me at least, however, may be a bit of a problem if your flash units don't recycle in that time.
Lets hope for a fix soon.
Cheers
Grant

Simon Bran

Hi Grant, thanks for the information, shame i didn't hear it from hasselblad, I had sussed out that it would work with a shorter delay, as you say 4 seconds or less, but my packs are a bit slower than yours (elinchrom 404 and 202's) and if i put them all on fast charge, all at the same time, they trip the mains fuse, so I still hope for a fix, and hope that the fix includes all the cameras with that problem ( i'm using a 39ms not a H3D)
all the best Simon

NickT

Simon you could always downgrade to Phocus 2.9x while you wait for a fix?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Simon Bran

Hi Nick, I  only need to downgrade to 3.00, the problems started in 3.01 to 3.04, which makes it more frustrating, so what did they do ? it was working :-)
So when i use the camera i have to use 3.00, every thing else i can use 3.04, lucky it's not a problem running different versions on the same machine.

NickT

Hi Simon
I hear your pain! I do have some interaction with the software guys behind the scenes and I promise the feel your frustration. There are so many combinations of software firmware and hardware that often someone will report an issue and the team will be unable to replicate it.

I know that's not a solution but just wanted you to know that the guys writing this stuff work really hard to fix these bugs.

Nick-T

Hassilistic

Hi Simon,

Elinchrom packs are effected by the voltage setting if I recall, the 220v allows you 3 settings of Rapid, Normal, and Slow.  While 240v only set at Rapid.

Simon Bran

Hi Nick, Hassilistic, yes the packs do have fast medium and slow recharge, but as I said if all the packs are being used on fast charge they trip the main fuse, so medium charge and 10 secs works well, allows for the packs to charge and stabilise enough for a 4 shot and even on fast charge i would allow at least 6-7 seconds for a 4 shot.
Nick I am sure the software guys are putting their all in to sorting out the bugs, I suppose whats annoying is the lack of response from hasselblad/service, I have not had any replies to any of the emails i have sent about this issue, (I had phoned first and was asked to email the information) If they had been open about the problem I would have not wasted time trying to eliminate other possibility's like the camera or the os, I would rather be told about issues and be able to work around the problems.

NickT

I agree Simon. I do think they could communicate these things better.

Hassilistic

Simon, service centre issues aside... Have you established that Phocus is the culprit behind this, or is it perhaps the Flash trigger or heads... For instance, try shooting Tethered with LR instead via the plugin, and switch to Fast Charge and see if they trip the main fuse.

How is the flash triggered? Wireless or via cables? When you're tethered focus asks you if you wish to use power from the camera or PC/laptop? or are you connected to mains during shoot?

We can wait for the service centre or we can help you investigate the matter, choice is yours.

Cheers,

Simon Bran

Hi Hassillistic,
i think there are some 'crossed wires' here.  the bug has been confirmed as such earlier in this thread by Grant, it affects 3.01 and above

Quote'Hi all esp Simon Bran who is also having this issue. This is in regards to the bug where tethered multi-shot H3D cameras go into continuous firing resulting in a failed capture with Phocus 3.0.1 to 3.0.4.
Hasselblad are aware of the bug and will address it in an upcoming version release.
In the meantime the workaround is to set the flash delay to 4sec or less. This seems to solve the issue for me at least, however, may be a bit of a problem if your flash units don't recycle in that time.
Lets hope for a fix soon.
Cheers
Grant'

So hasselblad are aware of the issue as a problem/bug with phocus, some people are lucky and can use  4 shot at 4 seconds or less, but my packs do not charge quick enough, even on fast charge they need 6 to7 seconds, so even if the studio electric supply to the packs could take the load, it still is not fast enough, this is a separate issue to the bug in phocus and is not linked to software or camera issues.
the Elinchrom packs i use are rated at 2000 joules 4000 joules, they are not the monoblocs which have smaller outputs, hence the longer recharge times
i hope that makes sense?