Phocus 3

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

in my case it does all 3 of them (Phocus 3.0, OSX El Capitan 10.11.4).

raffa

Quote from: Buddy on April 25, 2016, 05:42:02 AM
in my case it does all 3 of them (Phocus 3.0, OSX El Capitan 10.11.4).

are you using one or two monitors?

Buddy

just one (Eizo 27 inch)

raffa

I'm using 2, could it be the problem?

stephanbruehl

new bug info for Phocus 3.0 on Mac:

I have a brand new late 2015 MacBook Pro /Retina with 16 GB under El Capitan. Phocus itself is running quite stable (had only one crash with layers so far).

BUT:  camera control for tethered shooting has severe bugs:
1) you cannot use the mirror up button,
2) for my H4D-60 I cannot choose ISO 800 (it only offers values between 50 and 400),
3) exposure corrections are not possible.

Mirror up at least works if you connect the MacBook with Phocus Mobile. You then can click on the Mirror up button on the iPhone and it works. But no reaction on the Macbook !!

You can set 800 ISO and exposure corrections on the camera and the pictures will be shot under the desired conditions and transferred to the MacBook, but as said before you cannot control under Phocus.

Hope these things will be noticed by the Hasselblad people....

Best, Stephan

NickT

Quote from: raffa on April 22, 2016, 10:17:35 AM
I can't believe they didn't get it right – if you use the "dark mode" on OS X, the interface is unreadable in some parts!
Nick, can you push this bug through to the dev team?

Hi Raffa
I haven't been able to reproduce this and neither have Hasselblad. Can you advise machine specs and software versions please.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Quote from: raffa on April 24, 2016, 11:24:23 PM
thanks Buddy.
I was asking because in Phocus 2 I was actually able to see them all.
but now only the export tab shows the progress.
the icon on the dock is not showing the number, and there's no indicator in the corner or anywhere else as well.

I cannot reproduce this either!
(Two monitor setup)

raffa

Quote from: NickT on April 27, 2016, 02:44:57 PM
Quote from: raffa on April 22, 2016, 10:17:35 AM
I can't believe they didn't get it right – if you use the "dark mode" on OS X, the interface is unreadable in some parts!
Nick, can you push this bug through to the dev team?

Hi Raffa
I haven't been able to reproduce this and neither have Hasselblad. Can you advise machine specs and software versions please.

Mac Pro 2013, D700 GPU, 32gb ram, OS X 10.11.4
can you post a screenshot of your GUI so I can compare it to mine?

ps: feel free to tell the devs I'm available for some direct feedback with them, without using the forum if needed.
thanks

raffa

Nick, it seems it's not related to Dark Mode.
if I select "customize toolbar" here's what I see.
it seems some of the graphics have glitches.

Stonemonkey

Not exactly happy with the black background, any way to change it?

Brian R.

NickT

I have put in a feature request for a lighter background.

Rafa the dev guys are going to try and reproduce your issues and will get back to me.

stephanbruehl

Quote from: stephanbruehl on April 22, 2016, 03:20:41 AM
It's in no way nice, because it is simply not running under Win 10

Phocus 3.0 starts up, shows the thumbnail of FFF or 3fr files, but if you click on the thumbnail it crashes with "fatal error".

Does anybody has experienced the same ?

Stephan

I have to come back to my previous question concerning Win 10. Hasselblad people told me to first install the .NET framework 4.6 before installing Phocus. But this is all okay, I even performed a clean install of the newest graphic drivers of my machine, but anyhow Phocus 3.0 is not running under Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). Whereas version 2.9.2 was running without problems.

Anybody there with Windows 10 & Phocus 3.0 ????

Roger Méndez

Just another bug info.

When I shoot with my H4D 60 in capture sequence the sequences doesn't work correctly. It doesn't obey the orders from the computer, just do what it wants. On the H3D no problem.

Live view doesn't work on both cameras.

Many times when I do a close up using a layer, normally it crashes.

JB

Hi Nick - long time no speak...

For Hasselblad's info:

Images shot under previous versions of Phocus show very dark on screen in v3 (blacks are very heavy and mid to dark gradients are slightly posterized). Closing v3 and opening 2.9.2 the images look dark there too now? Is it changing the monitor prefs, (though other apps are fine)? On export the image renders correctly, i.e.. I've matched previous output from 2.9.2. Impossible to use like this.

Using Mac Pro (Late 2013) 10.11.4 64GB, AMD FirePro D700 6144MB - 2, screen Eizo setup. Both screens show the same density issues.

Cheers
Jason

Cirillo

Strange, I use Mac Pro Late 2013 too and I haven't got the problem (dark images), but Phocus 3.0 crashes very often.