Lens error 1D 19:1

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

I am using an H4D-40 and my 100mm lens is giving me this error.  I have checked all of the pins on all 3 pieces with pins and removed/reinstalled a fully charged batter and still get the error message.  I have tried my 80mm and 35-90mm lenses and get no error message.  Do I need to send the 100mm lens back to Hasselblad for repair or can someone suggest something I can try.  Many many thanks in advance,   Arthur

jerome_m

I think that this error message means that your shutter is malfunctioning. So indeed it will need service.

Paul Claesson

Arthur,

Lens error 1D 19:1 indicates a hardware issue with the exposure unit in the 100mm and will most likely need replacement.

If you are located in the USA:
Please fill out the service request form on Hasselblad Bron's site:  http://hasselbladbron.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=245
Once the form is completed, you will receive an email confirmation which will have a pdf attachment.  Please print the pdf and include it in the box with your equipment.

Shipping Address:
Hasselblad Bron Inc.
1080A Garden State Road
Union, NJ 07083
Phone +1-800-367-6434.
servicedept@hasselbladbron.com

Worldwide subsidiaries:
http://www.hasselblad.com/about/contacts/subsidiaries
Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

Greg

Paul,

Great information!  I'm going to print your post and put it with my Hasselblad equipment.

Greg

Arthur

Relatively good news, Hblad repaired my lens at ONLY $1,381.00 and no more error message and the lens now works.  I have had what I call quite a few problems with my Hasselblad system when compared to my older Hblad system:
1.  the failure of the original battery on my H4D-40  after only a few weeks old, Hasselblad replaced the battery
2.  the failure of my 35-70 zoom lens, Hasselblad replaced the lens
3.  now the failure of the 100 mm lens which was repaired at my cost.

I am am amateur photographer and love the Hasselblad results but do not use the system very often.  My Nikon D4 or iPhone get most of my shots.  My concern is the quality of relatively new Hasselblad products, especially the new lenses.  I had a Hasselblad FC2000 with several lenses, which of course used film, but NEVER let me down the way the H system has.  Are any others experiencing similar problems?

Regards,  Arthur

jerome_m

Quote from: Arthur on October 27, 2015, 05:09:21 AMRelatively good news, Hblad repaired my lens at ONLY $1,381.00

Exchanging the shutter on the HC 100 costs €525, official prices are here: http://www.hasselblad.com/support/repairs/cost-estimates-and-fixed-service-prices

You are not the first customer from the USA who is charged noticeably more than what is on that list. I would suggest to send a copy of your invoice to the following address:

Victor Hasselblad AG
Utvecklingsgatan 2
417 56 Göteborg
Sweden

Arthur

Thanks Jerome,  I will send a copy of the invoice to Sweden.  I appreciate your help and please note that you were absolutely correct in that the shutter needed to be replaced.
Regards,  Arthur

Arthur

>:(  Well, the lens Error 19:1 is back after less than 10 shots and $1,400.00 in repairs to the exposure unit and gear unit.  Its been wrapped up and will be returned to Hasselblad again this morning. 

Thank you all for your suggestions,  Arthur 

jerome_m

It is very uncommon that the lens fails right after a repair and should be covered by the warranty on repairs.