Hasselblad CF-II 39 and Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

gabehill

Hi guys
I just got an H2F with a CF-II 39 Digiback and I'm trying to tether via firewire with Phocus 2.8. The cam doesn't show up in Phocus. I thought maybe its not working with this version so I tried 2.7 and 2.8...still no connection with the cam. Does anyone have an idea why it won't connect? With my H3D-II 31 everything works fine. I'm using a tether tools firewire 800 cable. Second question is..is there any way to upgrade the firmware without firewire?
Thanks for your help!

NickT

I assume the camera is working fine un-tethered?
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

gabehill

Yep...everything works perfect...just not sure if it won't work at all with Phocus...but when I check the firmware updates on the Hasselblad site there is an Update for this back and it sais one should install it via Phocus...so maybe it should work then?

jerome_m

I tried an older CF back a month ago, I needed it to upgrade the body firmware on an H1. The CF back was recognised without trouble by the latest version of Phocus. Therefore, I think there is a problem with your connection. Since you tried the same computer and same cable, it is probably a problem with your back. Maybe the connector is dirty? Try to plug and unplug it a few times. Look inside, see if there is dirt or a bent contact, etc...

There is not other way to upgrade your back than firewire.