H4D Battery Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul in Lisbon

I can't get my battery to recharge past 75%. I have tried the reset trick (press menu and flash while attaching the battery to handle) but I get no reset sound. When I try to recharge the battery, all I get is a yellow rapidly blinking light on the recharger...
Help would be appreciated! A new member...
Paul

Greg

According to my H4D charger, it says that a rapidly blinking yellow light is a "Fault Condition".  That may be why you do not get the reset sound.  A yellow continuous light means Standby, a slowly blinking yellow light is Pre Charge, and as I said earlier a fast blinking yellow light means Fault Condition.  Call NJ and see what they have to say.  It may be time for a new battery, and the H5 batteries will last longer than the H4s.

Greg

jerome_m

What charger is that? My H4D charger light is red, not yellow. And what battery is that anyway? If it is one of the new higher-capacity batteries, you'll need to upgrade the firmware in the H4D or you'll get exactly this kind of erratic behaviour.

Paul in Lisbon

The battery is a V7.2...firmware 270...my camera was unused for several months. I was using another one and it sat. I wonder if that is the issue? Does it need some use and several recharging cycles to get rolling again. Or, is the firmware the issue?
Thanks for all advice...

jerome_m

Quote from: Paul in Lisbon on August 06, 2015, 08:07:18 PM
The battery is a V7.2...firmware 270...

Firmware R270 is for an H4D-31, is that your camera?

Please upgrade your camera body firmware to 2.3.3. See if that solves your problem.

Paul in Lisbon

Dear All,
Thanks for the efforts! I redid the firmware upgrade, both of them, carefully and then did the battery reset (Flash and Menu) and got the bells! Now I am charging the battery and the light is happily blinking green...again, thanks to all...
Paul

jerome_m

You're not the first one to get this problem. Glad it was that easy to solve.