Help buying a Digital Hasselblad

Previous topic - Next topic

ndwgolf

jerome_m

Quote from: ndwgolf on June 25, 2015, 06:09:12 PM
No he is not

So he is offering you less than what you are asking for here, which was my point: if he is offering you 40% of the new price, his offer is vastly under market prices. And I also suspect that the "deal" he is offering on the new camera is vastly above market prices.

Hassilistic

Hi Neil,  glad your going the MF way, no regrets no matter which Hasselblad camera you choose.  H5D has better LCD display and command key functions in the back amongst other things like compatibility with UDMA7 compact flash cards etc.  But the digital backs and the lenses are the same which is what really matters.

H5D-40's are a bargain right now, and its far more superior to the D800 no matter what, with optically superior lenses, 12.5 stops dynamic range, 16bit vs 14bit, and larger pixels which more importantly are made to match the lenses they are fitted to as opposed to cramming pixels and over looking the resolving power of the lens being used.

I second what Jerome was saying.. all those cameras can get you amazing sharpness, Hasselblad however will add greater detail to those results.  Based on what you said, using Prime Lenses is trickier than you might think as most they do not have Image/optical stabilisations .. or I believe its called VR on Nikon.  In any case not sharp pictures translate to SHAKEY or BLURRY.. you need to figure out which is it and work on fixing it cause let me give you a bit of hindsight... MF cameras and lenses are unforgiving, they will expose every little thing you are doing wrong.

Hope this was helpful.  Good luck.

ndwgolf

Quote from: Hassilistic on June 28, 2015, 06:45:58 AM
Hi Neil,  glad your going the MF way, no regrets no matter which Hasselblad camera you choose.  H5D has better LCD display and command key functions in the back amongst other things like compatibility with UDMA7 compact flash cards etc.  But the digital backs and the lenses are the same which is what really matters.

H5D-40's are a bargain right now, and its far more superior to the D800 no matter what, with optically superior lenses, 12.5 stops dynamic range, 16bit vs 14bit, and larger pixels which more importantly are made to match the lenses they are fitted to as opposed to cramming pixels and over looking the resolving power of the lens being used.

I second what Jerome was saying.. all those cameras can get you amazing sharpness, Hasselblad however will add greater detail to those results.  Based on what you said, using Prime Lenses is trickier than you might think as most they do not have Image/optical stabilisations .. or I believe its called VR on Nikon.  In any case not sharp pictures translate to SHAKEY or BLURRY.. you need to figure out which is it and work on fixing it cause let me give you a bit of hindsight... MF cameras and lenses are unforgiving, they will expose every little thing you are doing wrong.

Hope this was helpful.  Good luck.

Thank you Sir