Lee 100mm Push-On Filter Holder

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

yes, my statement was concerning the smaller sensor (33x44). I ordered the 28mm meanwhile; I think this one is more versatile for my shooting than the 24mm. I will let you know about the vignetting issue regarding the regular lee filter holder with the reg. 95mm lens adapter when I have all the items in my hands.regards, Juerg

raffa

I wrote to LEE support, asking this:
QuoteI have an Hasselblad HC 35mm lens with a filter thread of 95mm.
I understand that I should use the Push-on holder in order to fit this size – am I right?
but what if I want to use an hood? I read that the Wide-angle Hood comes with a two slots filter, but what size does it come with? can I attach the hood directly to my lens thread size of 95, or do I need the Push on and then I attach the hood to the push-on kit?

in other words, if I want to attach filters and hood to my 95mm filter thread lens, what products should I buy? thanks!

and they replied this:

QuoteHello and thanks for your enquiry.

I'm afraid that none of our hoods are large enough to work successfully on that lens.

For just holding filters, the 100mm push on will work in a limited fashion.

We are just making a 95mm adaptor for our SW150 superwide filter system, which we have successfully tested on the lens in question. This system will give you the best coverage and the ability to use multiple filters without vignetting, but it is large and ungainly.

I'm afraid that for the lens you have, there is no 'best solution' - you will need to make the choice as to which system will suit your needs the best.
If you need any further guidance then please let me know.

I hope this helps.

so what are you guys using with the 35mm? no hood? which holder would work best without vignetting? anyone tried the new SW150?

jerome_m

Quote from: raffa on August 03, 2015, 09:58:56 PM
so what are you guys using with the 35mm? no hood?

The HC 35 comes with a hood from Hasselblad. Why not use that one?

raffa

Quote from: jerome_m on August 04, 2015, 07:40:57 AM
Quote from: raffa on August 03, 2015, 09:58:56 PM
so what are you guys using with the 35mm? no hood?

The HC 35 comes with a hood from Hasselblad. Why not use that one?

I use it  :)
but I was talking about using LEE's hoods in addition to the filter holder, since you can't use Hasselblad's hood if you use the LEE filter holder.

Buddy

this concerns the H5D-40 (sensor size 32,9 x 43,8 mm) and the HCD 28mm /f4. I have tried this combo with the regular Lee holder and the 95mm lens adapter (not specifically wide angle which does not exist). I have used 2 filters in the holder and the polarizer in front of the holder and there is no vignetting. I can post an image when i have more time.

desertdiver

Quote from: Buddy on August 05, 2015, 09:38:15 PM
this concerns the H5D-40 (sensor size 32,9 x 43,8 mm) and the HCD 28mm /f4. I have tried this combo with the regular Lee holder and the 95mm lens adapter (not specifically wide angle which does not exist). I have used 2 filters in the holder and the polarizer in front of the holder and there is no vignetting. I can post an image when i have more time.

I've been following this thread quite interested because I was trying to find a working solution for me as well.

Regarding your setup with the polarizer (I guess you mean the 105mm round polarizer)... was the polarizer really mounted or just the threaded ring only?

I am sorry to say, but my observations with the exact same setup differ from yours in the following way:

1) 95mm standard adapter plus 100mm LEE filter holder with slots for two filters mounted with slots on left and right hand side --> no vignetting
2) same setup as 1) but holder rotated by 45 degrees                                                                                                                    --> slight vignetting in the extreme corners
3) same setup as 1) but now with threaded ring (105mm) mounted on top of slots                                                                        --> same observation like 1) & 2)
4) same setup as 3) round 105mm polarizer mounted                                                                                                                     --> strong vignetting

This setup has been tested on a H5D-50c.

I did consider the push-on holder as well, but since there is not enough space on lens barrel's front end (3 to 4mm) this holder will not sit properly which most likely causes the setup to drop in windy conditions. So I did test to stack two round 95mm filters on the HCD28 which did not cause any vignetting on the said sensor. A third one (105mm with 95-to-105mm step-up ring) will most likely work without causing vignetting. Will report later once I received the step-up ring.

Regards, Udo