Focus export problems

Previous topic - Next topic

Samrenkens

Hello everybody,

I am trying to export an image from Phocus 2.8.3 to a TIFF image. The exported TIFF image is different from the file i am adjusting in Phocus. see attached file. I also tried to do the export in Phocus 2.8.2. But then i get the same result. Do one of you know this problem and have a solution? I hope to get a solution asap.

With regards,

Sam Renkens

Samrenkens

bdp

Have you changed the pre-set TIFF settings in the Phocus export dialog? Is it a colour profile mismatch? i.e. you are exporting from Phocus with a profile that Photoshop is ignoring or converting automatically?

Ben

Samrenkens

I didn't change the export settings. I'ts just AdobeRGB. That would be no problem, i suppose.

NickT

I think Ben is right, check your Colour Preferences in Photoshop.,I think Photoshop is assuming your files are sRGB.

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Samrenkens

The Photoshop colour preferences are ok. Photoshop doesn't aks to change te colour settings if i open de TIFF. The Tiff is exported as AdobeRGB, and the photoshop colour settings are set as AdobeRGB. If there was another colour profile, Photoshop would ask. I have the same problems at 2 other macs. In the preview application on the mac i get the same problem.

NickT

If you would like to upload the RAW file and the Tiff somewhere I am happy to have a look.
regards
Nick-T

Samrenkens

Thnx NickT,

You can find the files with the download link below.

http://we.tl/UZlQBk48BK

bdp

Hi Sam,

I downloaded the files too, to have a look. There is definitely something weird going on. If you zoom to 25% or more in Phocus then the colour changes to the colour of your exported tiff. It's like Phocus is calculating the wrong colour for the preview. I tried an old version of Phocus too and the result is the same.

Maybe Nick has a better idea or can report to HB.

Ben

NickT

Yes I'm seeing the same thing as Ben, I have reached out to someone at Hasselblad who will know what is going on and will report back.

Nick-T

Samrenkens

Thanks guys, i wil wait for an answer.

NickT

O.K My guy has a theory that these files had been accidentally imported into a much older version of Phocus previously. Do you still have access to the 3FR files (on card) if so try re-importing them.

rem

I can't import the fff files into Phocus and Lightroom. There seems to be a error in the files...

Samrenkens

I don't have the 3FR files anymore. They where shot a time ago.
But what i do know is that i imported the files in a Phocus version not older than 2.8.1. That's not that old.

So, there is still no solution, but thanks for all the help.
If somebody has an outstanding idea, i'll be glad to hear! 

jerome_m

Is this a one off problem or are the colour similarly wrong with new files?