H3D II does not recognise back

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Gysin

Dear all

I use my back from the H3D II 50MP on a Cambo. Last week I attached it to the H3D II and the camera does not recognise the back anymore

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Try this, with the back and body separated connect a firewire cable to the back so it is powered. Then turn on the body, then reconnect the back and body. Disconnect the firewire and I hope you will have a back that remains powered and recognises the body.
Good luck.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

Marc Gysin

Dear Douglas

thank you for your hint. Tried it but does not work

Marc Gysin

sorry somehow my comment got truncated.

I tried all possible variations even with my Imagebank but no luck. I guess I have to sen in the camera or has anybody another tip?

Thank you

Marc

Paul Claesson

Marc,
I am not sure if you have a Mac or PC.
I suggest tethering to your computer and in Mac, open your Apple System Profile > Hardware > Firewire: what does it indicate here?
On PC, go to your Control Panel > Device Manager > Image devices: if the computer recognizes the Hasselblad H3DII back then it will indicate Hasselblad Imaging.
If i know what platform you are on then i better guide you to the proper location for the information.

you can also e-mail at tech support@hasselbladbron.com

Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

Marc Gysin

Hi Paul

thank you for your help. I just sent you an email.

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with the latest operating system.

In the systemprofiler it says:

H Camera:

Manufacturer:   Hasselblad
  Model:   0x1F40
  GUID:   0x305F0000008000
  Maximum Speed:   Up to 800 Mb/sec
  Connection Speed:   Up to 800 Mb/sec
  Sub-units:
H Camera Unit:
  Unit Software Version:   0x10483
  Unit Spec ID:   0x609E
  Firmware Revision:   0x0
  Product Revision Level:   R370
  Sub-units:
H Camera SBP-LUN:

Best

Marc

jerome_m

If I understood correctly your back works alone when tethered, but does not work when attached to the H camera. That would indicate that the camera does not power it. What does the camera say?

Can you please check the golden contacts where the back attaches to the camera? There are 8 golden contacts on a line on the bottom side. Check whether they are not damaged and clean them (e.g. with a Q-tip and alcohol or window cleaning fluid).

Marc Gysin

Hi Jerome

Thank you for your help.

Yes the camera does not recognise the back. If I switch it on with the back the camera wont turn on. If I connect the back tethered with the camera turned on, the camera does not react to any input.

I cleaned the contact several times and they are fine. If I use the back on my Cambo I have to change the settings for the camera and normally if you attach then back to the camera it switches automatically but not this time

jerome_m

Does the camera start without the back on?

You could try:
-start the camera without viewfinder and lens
-remove the battery and leave the camera overnight to clear settings
-try another battery
-try another back (if you have one).

If everything fails, you will need to send the camera for service. Where are you located?

Marc Gysin

Hi Jerome

Yes the camera does start without the back.

I tried different batteries and will try to leave the camera over night with out the battery

I'm located in Switzerland and also in contact with the local dealer but they don't have a solution either.

Thank you for your suggestions

Marc Gysin

Just tried -remove the battery and leave the camera overnight to clear settings
but no luck

jerome_m

I am afraid that you will have to send the camera in for service.

Note that service prices are listed here: http://www.hasselblad.com/service--support/service/cost-estimates-and-fixed-service-prices.aspx

Service in Zürich is:

Light & Byte AG
Baslerstr. 30
CH-8048  Zürich
Phone: +41 43 311 20 30
Email: m.rossetto@lb-ag.ch

Marc Gysin

Thank you I was afraid of this.

I'm already in contact with them but they were not very responsive.

As I photograph watches and I have already a lot of jobs coming in Jan-April I guess I have to wait  :'(

So anymore hints are appreciated

anestesik

Probably you already have resolved it.

But maybe is a sync issue.

When you changed to the Cambo, did you change the sync mode to cable?

Maybe you will have to change it again, to H sync.

Restore the back?

Good luck

I am also specialized on watches. Jewels also.

Job mates!! haha

regards from Spain