What to look out for when buying second hand?

Previous topic - Next topic

ksporry

Hey guys,
I'm making my first steps into the world of digital MF, and I'm looking for advice on what to get.
I'm considering a Fuji gx645af (same as hasselblad H1), which is what they have on offer for a decent price locally and looks in very good conditions (no visible nicks or scratches,though I haven't inspected it up close and personal yet).

I'm looking for 2 things:

1- what is the best buy for a digital back with a budget of 4-5k us$? I'm mostly going to be shooting portrait, fashion, studio, strobe stuff. I'm coming from a D800E. I was thinking of a second hand P25, which seems the most affordable option with a good size sensor right now.
(The alternative is not a Hasselblad but the new Pentax 645Z, which doesn't have high speed sync).

2 - what do I need to check and look out for when I buy a secondhand H-camera and a secondhand digital back? Any tips you can share?

anestesik

If you accept any advices, don buy the Fuji.

Support is not continued.

Try al H1 or H2.

Advanteges.

- Accept digital and film.

- Firmware version. Up to H3D II exacltly same version.

- Shutter delay on that firmware. You could shot 1/60 handheld. Read about this function.

- Best price possible.

- Go for P25 or 39.

( when buying, try a long exposure. If all pixels are right it is ok. Old sensors have dead pixels wich burns on long exposures. ( Not tested on MF.) )

On phase one is possible to check shutter actuations. H backs not possible. But dont worry about it.

Check AF point (distance from sensor and body AF could be different from not calibrated kits)

good luck.